ChrisMims

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I play games such as God of War, of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the gameplay becomes very choppy. Can this be fixed by increasing the clock speed by pressing "Select" at the PSP's home screen? If so, which one should I change, and to what setting?

PS: I'm using a PSP-3000 with 5.03 GEN-B

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have messed with the game clock speed settings (eg its not on Auto), God of War (Syphon Filter, most newer games too.) should automatically change the game clock speed to 333MHz.

GTA will always have slowdown, to help combat it some, make sure its in ISO format, not CSO format (decompressing takes CPU time), and you have the game clock speed at 333MHz. GTA is constantly reading a ton of data (streaming city, cars, people, music) and this takes up a lot of power.

Keep in mind that playing at 333MHz will lower your battery life even more than normally.

ChrisMims

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are CSOs until I get a larger memory stick. My current one is only 4gb, which isn't enough for me. Thanks for the help to both of you
smile.gif

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I switched from default clock to 333 a while ago but haven't noticed any improvement in any game or even the XMB. You'll just kill your battery quicker
smile.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your memory is generic, that will become a bottleneck. The slowdown is occurring during access times while it retrieves new data off your memory card. Both games you mentioned do this frequently during gameplay.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GTA games really need to be in ISO format for best performance. So try to find a ripped version if you really need to save some space. Chinatown Wars runs great in CSO tho mainly due to its scaled down graphics.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
The GTA games really need to be in ISO format for best performance. So try to find a ripped version if you really need to save some space. Chinatown Wars runs great in CSO tho mainly due to its scaled down graphics.

Correct.
However in multiplayer GTA CTW runs very bad packed as *.CSO.
I could not get any of the newwer games to run as *.CSO on multiplayer.
They all seem to get laggy. (Maybe because we lost the memstick speed hack?)
Not that it is a huge problem have enough memsticks but it is really noticable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)