Hacking Clear LayeredFS usage

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was factory reset, remove SD card and game cartridge used for LayeredFS, and not link my Nintendo Account (the one used while hacking). I'm just playing it safe, and only using that account for when I REALLY want to play the games on it. Not practical but hoping it's safe
I don't think factory reset clears error logs.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys, if you are playing emulators or backups WITHOUT covering the vents with tinfoil you deserve to be banned, the switch sends logs even without a wifi nearby.
Easy fix, do it or face the ban.

Reactions: The14thfly

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think factory reset clears error logs.
I don't know if it does, but with the new Europe rules they might not look at my logs anymore. So I'm just gonna hold off on doing anything risky for now.

Guys, if you are playing emulators or backups WITHOUT covering the vents with tinfoil you deserve to be banned, the switch sends logs even without a wifi nearby.
OMG I'm such an idiot, I should've done that. I also should've put a tin foil hat on so the goverment doesn't spy on my thougths.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Come on, tinfoil is not enough, you should open you switch and desolder the wifi chip from the mainboard ;) (sarcasm)

Reactions: thaikhoa

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
YEP read from another asspull on gbatemp because everyone here is expert on Ninty secret security,

there where post that people where saying that where in airplane mode playing backups getting banned
Literally the purpose of Flight Mode is to disable internal radios so the device can be used on airlines where such radios may not be permitted.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Literally the purpose of Flight Mode is to disable internal radios so the device can be used on airlines where such radios may not be permitted.
i know what it is for, i just read a post gbtemp that some user was saying he was in Flight Mode and got banned , dont ask me where, lol so many switch post god knows

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i know what it is for, i just read a post gbtemp that some user was saying he was in Flight Mode and got banned , dont ask me where, lol so many switch post god knows
Fair enough, but this is pure non sense.
Flight mode was designed in agreement with flight regulation authorities to cut all radio systems (including wifi and bluetooth). Although on Android for example, you can first enable flight mode which will cut all connections, and separately activate wifi afterwards, so technically you will be in flight mode with wifi on (don't know how switch flight mode works).
Nevertheless, when you activate flight mode and you don't do anything else, it cuts all connections.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fair enough, but this is pure non sense.
Flight mode was designed in agreement with flight regulation authorities to cut all radio systems (including wifi and bluetooth). Although on Android for example, you can first enable flight mode which will cut all connections, and separately activate wifi afterwards, so technically you will be in flight mode with wifi on (don't know how switch flight mode works).
Nevertheless, when you activate flight mode and you don't do anything else, it cuts all connections.

yes i know , try and tell that very sad lad who said he got banned ( i question the bans are they true bans ie if i say play a xci of mairo kart , it tells me i can't go on line , yet if i pop in my REAL k\cart of mario kart i can go on line , so i am not banned the "backup"is , i wonder how many people don't have REAL games to go online with and think they are "banned", yes i know there are CART BANS etc , but i can still play online with my REAL games go the eshop and buy and play , )

Reactions: tiliarou

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean, I totally get the logic of not necessarily trusting Nintendo when they say there’s no information being sent home. We should approach it with that attitude. But Nintendo would be in hot water if their flight mode didn’t actually disable the radios.

Reactions: tiliarou

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve took a rawnand from a brand-new, never powered on before switch. It is verifying now. I do not even know what firmware the switch is on. Straight out of the box, RCM and dumped. Would it be useful to anyone who knows more than me about what ninty are looking for regarding logs etc?

EDIT: It`s 3.0.2

Last edited by mattytrog,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh