Hardware Cleanrip Question

BrandonKlopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I used cleanrip to rip f-zero GX and Wind Waker for use with dolphin and they both work. Now I'm trying to sucessfully rip Skyward Sword and other Wii games I have, But I noticed that it splits the .iso into different parts:

ripping.jpg

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to select for the chunk size and everything on the cleanrip menu, so I imagine that has something to do with what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what your set up is but you know you could use some usb loaders to rip wii games? you could rip them to wbfs and then convert them to iso

BrandonKlopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I already tried USB loader GX, it started to rip the games and after 3 seconds it would come to a halt. So I decided to use cleanrip instead. I'm open to any suggestions/reccomendations to get these wii games ripped.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
give config usb loader a shot, i never had any problems with it myself ripping games

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are no settings where you can select the split size to "no split"?

Maybe it's splitting because you are on FAT32 drive?
Try dumping on NTFS or over smb.

OR just join the parts together with this command line:

Code:
copy /b SOUE01.part0.iso + SOUE01.part1.iso + SOUE01.part2.iso + SOUE01.part3.iso + SOUE01.part4.iso SOUE01.iso

BrandonKlopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Maybe it's because I'm reformatting the drive using the windows utility. I used guiformat to format it to FAT32. It's ripping now so we'll see how it goes...

BrandonKlopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So I tried configurable USB Loader and that stops at 0.89%. And come to think of it...USB Loader GX stops at 0.83% too.

fml.

So I guess I'll try that command line cyan gave me. I imagine I just plug it into the command prompt for windows?

Edit: Now cleanrip is taking 3 hours to rip Zelda. What the hell.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah its normal on FAT32 that you get split files.
Once on PC just transfer to a NTFS drive using the command line to join the parts (copy /b - list of parts - name/path of output file)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night