Clean wipe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by legoboy1234, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009

Clean wipe by legoboy1234 at 5:58 AM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. legoboy1234
    OP

Newcomer legoboy1234 Newbie

United States
    okay, i TP hacked my Wii last summer, and have made so many modifications and patches to the system that i can't keep track of it. plus i updated to 4.0U recently.

I wish to completely and utterly nuke the memory. everything gone, factory state, IOS the way it's supposed to be. formatting the wii memory does not accomplish this, or so i've heard.

Any title deleter and any region changer do not work with my current config, it gives me either -2011 or -1035 errors..

how can i completely wipe the system? I will be using bannerbomb to return homebrew funtionality to the system

2. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, you could theoretically try to update officially with Nintendo. Doing that updates all of the IOS's and the system menu. If you have any custom IOS install, however, you'd need to remove that manually. You'd need to do the same for any custom channels you have.

Also note that if you do that you'll likely want to keep the custom IOS. Not having that with 4.0 allows the wii to still be hacked, but it requires a bootmii install combined with cboot2, and that is too complicated for most people to feel comfortable with. (I could walk you through it if you needed help with it, but it's a lot easier on yourself to just leave the custom IOS there.)

3. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    This might help you out: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6378

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Run NANDclean to get anything preloader related uninstalled if you have it, then run IOS downgrader and then cIOS downgrader and downgrade to 3.2 of your region. That should pretty much put your IOS's and system to a normal 3.2 official state aside from the cIOS you have installed which really doesn't need to be uninstalled if you're just gonna put it back on anyways.

5. legoboy1234
    OP

United States
    @Sephiroth: i've updated to 4.0U, the latest i can update to. and i already have BootMii installed as boot2.

@supagusti: I will try using that, problem is, my wii is confiscated at the moment (damn parents)

@nabster92: i have already ran NANDclean and shared2clean. waninkoko's IOS and cIOS downgraders give me the 1035 and 2011 errors. the only way i've been able to downgrade to 3.2 in the past has been with the Any Region Changer

6. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    it doesnt REQUIRE cboot2 at all.

in fact, i've never used it when hacking a 4.0 wii.

7. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, you need that or some other method if you want to hack a 4.0 Wii and get the custom IOS installed, something most people want before they'll call a wii fully hacked.

8. legoboy1234
    OP

United States
    okay, supa, the Trucha bug fixer didn't work. i still got 2011 errors.

9. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Did you install any recent cIOS's? Try running a more recent installer for your cIOS and then see if any of these things work again.