Hacking "Clean" Sysnand update without burning fuses?

eggplanter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi together,

I restored my NAND backup which I backed up after starting my switch for the first time. I'm on firmware 4.1.0 right now.
Now I want to set up emuMMC like following:
- Sysnand: Clean OFW without any homebrew and online play
- emuMMC: CFW with homebrew and emulators

To play online, I need to update my Switch to the latest firmware. The problem is, that a system update via settings with OFW has a high risk of burning my fuses.
When I use ChoiDujourNX to update my Sysnand, I'm forced to boot a CFW via Sysnand and start a homebrew application --> Sysnand not clean anymore

Could someone tell me what is the best way to update my OFW Sysnand without making my Sysnand dirty and without burning fuses?
I'm really struggling right now.

Thanks and best regards.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
What is your goal for not buring fuses? Updatig firmware will also update the slot's firmware which will make it so you can't run physical games if you decide to downgrade.

The only 100% safe way to not be banned for online play is having a second unmodified switch. Barring that your plan for emuMMC /w CFW, and a clean OFW sysnad is the next safest. But not having the fuses be burnt is different from what they should be. Nintendo probably won't ever ban for that, but there's always a chance.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
he's saying to avoid burning fuses he has to use ChoiDujourNX but once he does this it would have cfw traces again.

what i d do update, clean the nand after and start again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.