Clean start

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Danttebayo, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Danttebayo
    OP

Danttebayo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Hey all,

I've decided to take the A9LH plunge and I want to be extra careful to make sure nothing goes wrong. I've backed up all of my game saves using JK's Save Manager and I've got backups of my SysNAND and EmuNAND.

Because I've been messing around with stuff over the last few months such as TWL modifications, I just want to start with a clean SysNAND followed by a clean RedNAND, followed by A9LH, etc.

The question is, if I do a system format with my SysNAND at 9.2, will it update or do anything funky or will I just have a clean 9.2 from which to start the process from scratch? My ultimate goal is to use AuReiNand with CFW SysNAND and I only care about the saves for MH3U and MH4U so I'd like to have a nice clean slate to work with.

Thanks!

2. Erikku

Erikku GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    The channel description
    i believe your sysnand version should stay the same throughout, maybe skip the internet options during the whole first-time use thing and manage it later if you plan on using browserhax. i don't think the first-time internet setup will look for updates, as it didn't do so when i formatted my emunand, but i could be wrong

3. Danttebayo
    OP

Danttebayo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Awesome, thanks!
    And is it safe to say browserhax still works on 9.2?

4. Danttebayo
    OP

Danttebayo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Thanks again. Looks like I have a busy night ahead of me. :)

5. Erikku

Erikku GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    The channel description
    lol good luck :toot:

6. Danttebayo
    OP

Danttebayo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Thanks

7. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    But a system format wont undo modifications to NAND titles, will it? If he has a modified TWL_FIRM it should be the same even after formatting, or am I missing something here?

FenrirWolf likes this.
  8. frosty5689

frosty5689 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Stop spewing out false info that may cause people to brick. If you installed modified system CIA titles, formatting wont restore original. You need to find the titles you modified and download the clean version from Nintendo's server and install that the same way you installed the modified one through FBI. Or run sysupdater on emunand to downgrade emunand to 9.2 which should cleanup modified system titles on Emunand. Then you can proceed with guide ti downgrade emunand to 2.1