Hacking Clean? Dirty?

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
How can you tell if your roms are clean? I sadly currently own a DSi and am unable to dump my games. I can provide proof that I own these games, if needed. I am currently running EZ-Flash Vi which apparently doesn't support "Dirty roms".
I'm just curious if there's a program or some way to determine if the roms I currently have are dirty/clean.

Note : I don't have my EZ-Flash Vi yet, its still shipping here. But the quickstart guide says :"Warning : Please make sure your roms are clean"

Can someone help me out? I got the roms of my games from "a website" that doesn't tell you if its clean or not... >.>

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Clean roms means untrimmed, unhacked, or unmodified in any other way.

If you got it from a site, chances are it is clean, unless it is specified otherwise.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
...dirty ROM's? Who says that? Usually, people just say it's not clean. If it isn't clean, it is likely it has been patched or trimmed. This generally has little to no effect, so I wouldn't worry. No flash cart kernel I know of is so picky that if it sees a patched ROM, it just sort of says no. Now, it may not support patched ROM's, but they should still work fine.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Clean just means the roms aren't patched (alteration to run on flashcard). Dirty, I guess, means patched although I've never heard that term. Just try them out when you get your card and see if they work. They may need to be patched.

BTW- There is no moral or legal difference between patched, unpatched, clean, or dirty roms. Technically, it's not legal to download them under any circumstance as per the DMCA. You should be fine, though, just don't use torrents.

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Snailface said:
Clean just means the roms aren't patched (alteration to run on flashcard). Dirty, I guess, means patched although I've never heard that term. Just try them out when you get your card and see if they work. They may need to be patched.

BTW- There is no moral or legal difference between patched, unpatched, clean, or dirty roms. Technically, it's not legal to download them under any circumstance as per the DMCA. You should be fine, though, just don't use torrents.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...