Classic Xbox with "seizures"

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,320
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
My Xbox console initially worked fine, no problems, but after several months it decided to start acting up. It turns itself on and off, the buttons sometimes don't do anything and so on.

Is there any way to "reset" for the console to work properly? It's not even modded or anything.

D

Deleted User

OP
My Xbox console initially worked fine, no problems, but after several months it decided to start acting up. It turns itself on and off, the buttons sometimes don't do anything and so on.

Is there any way to "reset" for the console to work properly? It's not even modded or anything.

Sounds like trace corrosion - I just fixed 3 of them from this very issue - I would remove Clock capacitor regardless.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03gfr-hH6q_-Y4rfzhoBQxueX0HkA:1584129221322&source=hp&ei=xeRrXpDiEJDe-gSv1aG4Dg&q=xbox+trace+corrosion+repair&oq=xbox+trace+corr&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.0l2j0i22i30l2.845.3200..3946...1.0..1.514.1739.12j2j5-1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j35i39.IyMgRH0rPgo

Reactions: Alexander1970

Hackerman_2137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
AFAIK only the 1.0-1.5 HAVE to have the clock capacitor removed, although I would still look at the motherboard and bad capacitors can still happen.

Even if this a 1.6, he could have bad capacitors near the CPU. So checking the whole mobo is a good idea. @Boesy you can send pics of your mobo, then we can help a little more :)

D

Deleted User

OP
I'll need to open it up.

I took a photo of the info sticker, if it helps.

Eq5BMeu.jpg

I don't really know much about hacking Xbox or fixing it. But I bought plenty of games for it so just would like this fixed.

D

Deleted User

OP
Looks like 1.2 version
I was wondering what it would be.

I'll try to open it tomorrow and take photos. Last time I did, I didn't get too far. I planned on hacking it last time, but I didn't do it. lol

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like a trace problem. Had a handful of consoles that would turn on but the face buttons do nothing, would come on immediately and shut off 30 minutes or so later, some that would only let you turn them on with the eject button.. I never fixed any of them, just sold them for parts.

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

OP
Sounds to me like a trace problem. Had a handful of consoles that would turn on but the face buttons do nothing, would come on immediately and shut off 30 minutes or so later, some that would only let you turn them on with the eject button.. I never fixed any of them, just sold them for parts.

Takes me 5 min to fix these. Most likely what he has going on.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end