OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So, with very little news about the new Sonic the Hedgehog title coming out later this year, SEGA has decided to re-release Sonic 1. Again. This re-release will be branded as a 3D classic, and feature, obviously, 3D. Western release has not been confirmed yet, but I'm sure it will be announced soon. And not only will you be able to buy Sonic 1 for the 1500th time, you'll also be able to buy Tails Adventure, originating from the SEGA GameGear. Tails Adventure is a Metroidvania style spinoff, that hardly has gotten the attention it deserves. Not to mention, the Taxman (Christian Whitehead) remastered port of Sonic 1 to iOS is also set to release later this month.

Source: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/3d-sonic-the-hedgehog-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-japan/

EDIT: Sonic 1 (Master System) and Sonic Drift 2 (GameGear) are also slated for standard VC release.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go again.

Hopefully it will have been worth the weight actually do good with a 3D makeover, still I'm sure most of us have already re-played that game more times than devs tested it.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sonic gets a 3D classic, but original Mario only gets a VC release?
Wut?
Probably boils down to Sega putting a little more time into their re-releases lately than Nintendo. I'm seriously worried about the way Nintendo is handling their 3DS e-shop in NA, generally, though. I've heard mostly bad things. :(

But back on topic, this looks pretty interesting. It's a nice, if not short, breath of new life into an enjoyable classic. Can't wait to see what the extent of the 3D features are, and if the port is on par with the original (wasn't it ported over to GBA/NDS and received poorly?).

Lastly, any word on if Tails Adventure will be getting the 3D treatment, as well?

Reactions: chavosaur

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heard Sega is putting a lot more time into their VC with spin dash toggles, button remaps, saving, and different television screen simulating scan line stuff so hopefully they'll be better than the mediocre effort Nintendo's been doing with VC

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kinda does say something about Nintendo when Sega of all people is putting more effort into releasing more 3D classics and not only that but releasing games that are worth making into 3D classics, I'd much rather play Sonic 1 again in 3D than Urban fucking Champion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1