Hacking Classic Controller Not Working In HBC

Jaseman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have just started fully appreciating SNESx9GX, which brought attention to the fact that my classic controller will not work correctly with the HBC.
When I plug it in anywhere in any app in the HBC, or inside the HBC itself, the buttons and d-pad work, but the left analog stick keeps slowly moving downwards. Which means that, for example, selecting a game in SNESx9GX from the menu is impossible, much less actually playing the game
wacko.gif

I tried it all. I had a similar issue with my nunchucks, but they worked after unplugging some stuff. However, nothing will get the Classic Controller to work correctly in the HBC. Rebooting, replugging in, unplugging cords, replugging cords. Nothing.

It works just fine in any app outside the HBC such as VC and Wiiware and Wii games. Just not inside the HBC. I have scoured the Internet looking for info on this, but I have not found any. I am assuming this is a simple software issue or bug or something, but I don't know

Oh, and my Classic Controller is the official one. Came in a Nintendo package with clear A/B buttons and all. all the Nintendo markings.

Please help me?

Thanks, in advance

D

Deleted User

You're really sure you had your analog sticks in the neutral position when plugging it in the wiimote? Can't think of anything else.

Jaseman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that was the very first thing I tried. I tried plugging/unplugging multiple times with it in the neutral position.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it stll is under warrentee, just send it to ninety and tell them it doesn't work correctly. they'll send you a new one. otherwise just go to walmart and buy one and then take your bad one back. let somebody else worry about it.

Jaseman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had mine for over 2 years now. I bought it from Amazon to play with Super Mario 64. The controller works perfectly on any application supporting it not in the HBC. As soon as I get into the HBC, the left analog stick thinks it is being pushed down.

That is my issue. I don't *think* it's a hardware fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over