Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is amazing! I don´t know much about that but it is nice progress! I hope to play Inazuma Eleven GO 2 Neppuu in this emulator to wait the EU version =)

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
¡Woah! ¡Just some weeks and now it can finally run almost perfectly a game! ¡Thats a certainly nice progress! <3
Hopefully, in 1 year or less we could get some good games running in a decent speed <3

Cya~

GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet that Citra will be able to run Pokemon X/Y at some speed within the year. The Citra team does make alot of progress but it's not easy to show anything short of a game running (which only occurs when the system is near perfection). Just three months ago we thought it would take another year for Citra to even boot a commercial game. Now it can play several games (yes I consider 3 FPS to be playable- especially since I've played several real-time games on my crappy PC at far worse frame rates and still enjoyed it). The lag seems to be mostly because Citra is using an interpreter instead of a recompiler, which shouldn't be that hard to set up. Hopefully as neobrain's pica2000 emulator supports more advanced features (according to the readme almost all the basic features have already been installed) more games will boot.

...I don't know much about gaming hardware, graphic cards, and the like. Really wish I knew more, I'm pretty good at coding and would love to help Citra move forward faster.

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet that Citra will be able to run Pokemon X/Y at some speed within the year. The Citra team does make alot of progress but it's not easy to show anything short of a game running (which only occurs when the system is near perfection). Just three months ago we thought it would take another year for Citra to even boot a commercial game. Now it can play several games (yes I consider 3 FPS to be playable- especially since I've played several real-time games on my crappy PC at far worse frame rates and still enjoyed it). The lag seems to be mostly because Citra is using an interpreter instead of a recompiler, which shouldn't be that hard to set up. Hopefully as neobrain's pica2000 emulator supports more advanced features (according to the readme almost all the basic features have already been installed) more games will boot.

...I don't know much about gaming hardware, graphic cards, and the like. Really wish I knew more, I'm pretty good at coding and would love to help Citra move forward faster.

With emulation, everything is clocked at that frame rate, so if it runs at 20 instead of 30 FPS, that's 66.66% speed, which is really awful. 3 FPS instead of 30 would be a whopping 10% speed.

Imagine watching a movie and slowing it down to half speed, that's what it would be like to emulate a game at 15FPS if it originally ran at 30 (on the original system).

GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With emulation, everything is clocked at that frame rate, so if it runs at 20 instead of 30 FPS, that's 66.66% speed, which is really awful. 3 FPS instead of 30 would be a whopping 10% speed.

Imagine watching a movie and slowing it down to half speed, that's what it would be like to emulate a game at 15FPS if it originally ran at 30 (on the original system).

I've played games that max out at 60 FPS at only 1-2 FPS, and despite the fact it was a slideshow it was still enjoyable simply because the gameplay was just that good. If Citra can play commercial games at 3 FPS, it can play commercial games (though it lacks audio and touchpad support).

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
I feel like I fell into an obvious trap, but I felt obligated to defend this project. :D
c956f0f6cd.png
Ah, the things you read on emucr.

Reactions: Margen67 and 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1