Citra and NAND.bin files

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Crickets, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Crickets
    OP

Crickets Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    United States
    So I'm very new to all of this and the topic is pretty information dense. I apologize as I'm certain I don't know as much as I think I do here.

I'm trying to get citra to play games that require a Mii, but I don't have a 3ds anymore so I have no inb-house means of dumping the nand.sys file. (And I admit I don't know if that's even part of it). Is there a source for pre-dumped files like this or am I just sol?

Thanks for taking the time to read a noob's request for help!

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Citra does not emulate the entire 3DS hardware (AFAIK), just the games, so a NAND .bin will not help. Any game that uses Miis should have the standard Miis you can use if you don't have a Mii made.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Dec 19, 2016
    Crickets likes this.
  3. Crickets
    OP

Crickets Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    United States
    My experience is that you get a message saying "There is no personal mii character available. Press home button to go home" but when you press the home button nothing happens and the game never moves forward.

Last edited by Crickets, Dec 19, 2016
  4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's because there is no actual Home Menu for you to go to, as I said before, Citra only emulates games. Then I think you're SOL because you can't make a Mii.

Crickets likes this.
  5. Crickets
    OP

Crickets Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    United States
    I see. Well, thank you then for taking the time!