Circle pad ribbon cable tab broke. Help...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by pancakewagon, Mar 4, 2016.

1. pancakewagon
    OP

pancakewagon Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2012
    United States
    I screwed up pretty bad guys...

Was replacing my circlepad and my finger slipped. The tab that holds down the ribbon cable popped off bending a pin. I was able to bend the pin back into correct position but I can't get the tab back on. I think it's too mangled to fit back on. Before I fuck up even more what should I do?

;(

Thanks

Edit: relevant Reddit thread:https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3dkh3u/ribbon_cable_tab_broken/

Last edited by pancakewagon, Mar 4, 2016
  2. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    call nintendo and tell them your shit is fuked up have them repare it (note thay well update it to 10.6 btw) or have sum guy fix it for u he well not update it

3. pancakewagon
    OP

pancakewagon Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2012
    United States
    From what I've read Nintendo doesn't do repairs on consoles you broke trying to modify. Anyone know the technicalities of that? Also, idk about their repair costs but you can get system boards on eBay for $50. (It's a new leaf edition so it would probably be worth)

4. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    pics? even if the tab / lock is missing, the analog should still work as long as the contacts are connected.
    the contacts are facing down, so as long as the bottom pins are not fcked up, you should be alright.

5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Nope. It has to be locked in place by a pressure creating lock/tab. I know because this happened to me as well. The best bet would be to put the tab back on, push it down and then use electrical tape to hold it in place and see if that works. I suggest this because that's how I fixed my busted touch screen connector before I had someone repair it

6. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    jam it in with a small bit a plastic

nero99 likes this.
  7. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Or a small piece of thin card board/paper

8. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    yes, I forgot to mention that the tension has to remain, the contact itself is very loose. you can put a small thin strip of plastic or paper to keep the contacts and secure it with tape, *and or hotglue *yes, I've done that a few times during the nintendo DS Lite days, the digitizer of the dslite is more flimysy than that of the 3ds' analog flex.