Circle Pad moving from ORAS in XY

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by R4ndom, Jun 29, 2015.

1. R4ndom
    OP

R4ndom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2012
    Norway
    Hey,

I was wondering about whether if it is possible to patch a Pokemon Y rom so that moving the Circle Pad would result in the same kind of movement (running and walking in three dimensions) as in ORAS? Don't like the rollerskates that much to be honest, but changing the controls might not be the easiest task in the world at the moment, at least on the 3DS scene.

2. beester87

beester87 Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2015
    United States
    You might be able to just make it so that you never receive the Roller Skates. Otherwise, holding the Dowsing Machine prevents the Roller Skates.

3. fafaffy

fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    In my opinion, the walking directional scheme is something that would be deeply integrated within the game. Triggers are set up for one type of system, and the coordinate system of X/Y vs the free-flow(ish) version of ORAS simply seem too different to be able to change it without major work.

I don't see this being feasibly possible.

4. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    it would require ASM hacking, but X/Y still has the non grid system in it, the bike and rollar skates use it. Your best bet might be copying code from the bike, and slowing it/changing animations

5. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Honestly, WHAT is the point of running when the rollerskates are faster?

6. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Fan

Dec 3, 2014
    Italy
    For example rollerskates are not always avaiable in every location. With them you will love precision in movement, for example when you have to talk with someone