Hacking cIOSX rev21: controller lag [FIXED!]

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
TheRealVisitor said:
I think dx sounds better and Xflaks "x" is already a part of dx. I don't know if all Wiibrew/Wadmangers can handle symbols but another naming idea of me is cIOSXrev21dx².
or maybe cIOSXrev21d2x??

@davebaol and xabby, I'm hoping to have this cIOS included in an official (non-beta) ModMii release, so let me know your thoughts on the name soon plz so I can put the final touches to it and release it
biggrin.gif
I can't contact xabby right now but I believe he would agree with me that you definitely deserved your x mainly for 2 reasons:
1. The original idea of replacing ECHI module is yours
2. The official builder for the new cios is ModMii which also has made life easier for us developers and you beta testers.

Personally I prefer cIOSXrev21d2x because d2x sounds like a chemical formula (like H2O) which is a beautiful metaphor where we are the 3 atoms that gave birth to this project, the d2x molecule.
cool.gif

T

TheRealVisitor

davebaol said:
Personally I prefer cIOSXrev21d2x because d2x sounds like a chemical formula (like H2O) which is a beautiful metaphor where we are the 3 atoms that gave birth to this project, the d2x molecule.
cool.gif

Agreed +1.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a thought about d2x molecole.
Literally d2x means D--X--D just like h2o means H--O--H, so it's not the same as the acronym dxx.
But dudes that's just a metaphor, so who cares.
happy.gif

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
davebaol said:
Just a thought about d2x molecole.
Literally d2x means D--X--D just like h2o means H--O--H, so it's not the same as the acronym dxx.
But dudes that's just a metaphor, so who cares.
happy.gif
Well that's true, IMHO v21dx or v21dx2 sounds better, and if you change something else you can call it v21dx3 etc. Just my 5 cents.
Anyway, we all really appreciate your effort!
If there's some other game/scenario I can test it just let me know.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.4.7 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Not release in French yet

20farfr.png

4.4.7 Changelog
[*]Added cIOS249[XX]-v21d2x for IOSs with bases 37/38/56/57. cIOS249[56]-v21d2x
and cIOS250[57]-v21d2x are the new ModMii recommended cIOS 249 and 250.
Thanks to davebaol and xabby666 for working with me to create these cIOSs.

[*]Added BATHAXX exploit for LEGO Batman, big thanks to Team Twiizer and Lewurm.

[*]Corrected oversight in Wizard, now Japanese users can also select the
Indiana PWNS as an exploit to hack 4.3 Wiis.

[*]Fixed bug in Advanced downloads where some files were not being constructed.

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to everyone putting work in on fixing this problem.

Rev21dx is still not fixed though.

In a few hours of playing RB3 last night, using the latest ehci from the thread (which I believe was supposed to fix the timer to 3 args), I did not complete one song perfect. I normally should have lots of 100% songs at the end of a session, so the cios is still resulting in dropped notes. Most songs were still 99%, but many of those were lost by "missing" notes during straight forward boring sections.

My wife was complaining that the mic kept cutting out, and thought there was something wrong with the mic. I tested it by starting a song in singer only mode, and then pausing it after the song started. By doing this, the mic stays active, and you should be able to hear everything you say coming out the speakers, without being drown out by the music. While doing this, the mic would cut out every time the HDD blinked, making it impossible to get 100% on singing as well. This convinced me that the EHCI is still causing havoc, although to a much lesser degree than it did before (Wario Shake It works now for instance).

BTW, my guitars are GH wiimote based ones, not USB based like the mic.

Tonight I've gone through each fix version posted to the thread, and they all exhibit the problem. Wondering why others were saying everything was great, I though it was maybe cause I was loading base 56 to 250, while others may have been using it in 249. I tried 249b56, and had no improvement.

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just remembered I didn't go back and try the BBogey ehci release. I had dismissed it back when I first tried it, due to it still showing a small problem with the Wario Shake it game having wiimote disconnect messages. Since it had the watchdog completely removed, and never caused my drive to pulse though, I just built a rev21[56]250 with his ehci module, and gave it a try.

Since the drive never pulses, the microphone worked perfectly, never dropping.

I then switched to guitar mode, and played "20th Century Boy", and "Break on Through to the Other Side". First 2 songs I tried I got PERFECT, while I didn't get a single perfect in hours of playing last night. It's definitely not dropping notes under BBogey's ehci.

I would say that the current rev21dx is not quite ready for primetime, and should not be recommended by ModMii just yet.

Xabby666 pointed out that the ehci timer code also existed in a few other modules (fat,sdhc,mload). Could it be that the small problem with BBogey's ehci (with watchdog removed) was due to the timer code in these other modules attempting to "interface" with the non-existant ehci timer which he had removed?

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:
1. The original idea of replacing ECHI module is yours
2. The official builder for the new cios is ModMii which also has made life easier for us developers and you beta testers."

It's e very good name. Approved
yaywii.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Using Packard bell silver 640 GB.
Tested rev21dx.

Lag in the USB loader Gui's is gone.
Warioland shake it gives black screen using base 56(249).

*EDIT: Black screen only with USB loader GX 2.0

CFG loader works perfect!
Showing Cios info from global settings, shows ?? as base.
Can this be fixed?

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The bases for infos in usbloader can be showed if you know the hash of the cios. Fix94, can you post the correct hashes for this new release of ciosx21?

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
For some pleasant Sunday morning reading & more insight, go to the Hackwii.it forum and read the Dave & Xabby fairy tale - these guys are national heroes now
wink.gif
(use Chrome Browser & the auto translate function - added bonus of some amusing mistranslations). Enjoy: http://www.hackwii.it/forum/topic20058.html -Nice on the eyes & love the cursor
Thanks again d2x guys
yaywii.gif

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
XFlak said:
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.4.7 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Not release in French yet

20farfr.png

4.4.7 Changelog
[*]Added cIOS249[XX]-v21d2x for IOSs with bases 37/38/56/57. cIOS249[56]-v21d2x
and cIOS250[57]-v21d2x are the new ModMii recommended cIOS 249 and 250.
Thanks to davebaol and xabby666 for working with me to create these cIOSs.

[*]Added BATHAXX exploit for LEGO Batman, big thanks to Team Twiizer and Lewurm.

[*]Corrected oversight in Wizard, now Japanese users can also select the
Indiana PWNS as an exploit to hack 4.3 Wiis.

[*]Fixed bug in Advanced downloads where some files were not being constructed.

hi! XFlak! i have used the modmii v4.4.7,but i can't download the waninkoko's cmios v5, it seems the file invalid........why? because of the framework 2.0 in my pc? i should update to framework 3.5? but i succeeded in downloading other files like wiigator's cmios v4-0.2/cios249-57-v21d2x ,and so on.

Turboloader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sometime I've got this lag in Mario Kart Wii in friend-races.
First we thought it would be a second or third wii but now I believe it's this...
A second or third wii should not be the fault as I expect that about 4 Wiis can work in one room (as in gamescom I belive).
Greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo