cIOSrev19 and disc channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by brollyssj82000, Mar 15, 2010.

Mar 15, 2010
  1. brollyssj82000
    OP

Newcomer brollyssj82000 Member

Romania
    Hello. i want to install cIOSrev19. Can someone tell me what base should i use at install, for playing games from the disc channel? (base ios 38 or 57?).

2. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can't play burnt games from the disc channel no matter which base you use.
    You will need to install cIOSCorp in order to play games via disc channel.

3. brollyssj82000
    OP

Newcomer brollyssj82000 Member

Romania
    How about if i use a different rev, then can i play games from disc channel? And dont tell me i need cioscorp, because i dont.

4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    To play games from the disc channel, you need to use something like StartPatch or Priiloader to have the system menu load from IOS249. If you do this, you can load games from the Disc Channel with any IOS as base.

5. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    yeah set priiloader to ios 249 or cioscorp, thats the only way or use the rebooter function in neogamma

6. GHBAimen

Member GHBAimen GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Which is better? Using cIOSCORP or using IOS249 to play games via the Disc Channel?

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Time to digg out my little quote again:
    Can you please use the Search? We already have dozens of Topics about this. And if you have no clue what you're talking about, let it be...it just makes you look more stupid (yes, that was a friendly advice).
    • Hell no for the IOS249 and Startpatch/Priiloader-Method. IOS249 wasn't built for using the Menu with it, you'll get random Errors, and you should also get Error #002 on all games released after NFS: Undercover (so you probably can't play any new games).
    • Rebooter doesn't work on all Wii with every version, and is just plain stupid and useless. Scratch that too.
    • If you want Backups from the Disc-Channel, cIOSCORP is the way to go (though I don't like it, it's messing too hard with your Wii for such a stupid thing...but thats my opinion...)
    Honestly, I don't see any point why people would want to play Discs from the Disc Channel...why not install an Autoboot-Channel of NeoGamma? One click an you game gets launched. You're not messing that hard with your Wii, and who needs the banners anyway?

8. GHBAimen

Member GHBAimen GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Thank you for your answers! [​IMG]

9. EeZeEpEe

Member EeZeEpEe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I used to think the exact same way but I couldn't get DLC for Guitar Hero or Rock Band games to work correctly. So far, cIOSCORP has done no harm to my Wii. Music games are the only ones I play through the Disc Channel anyway since Configurable USB Loader is my primary way for backups.

10. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    You can also force IOS 249 for disc based game loading, and install the cIOS corp'd System Menu IOS for your system (60 for 4.1, 70 for 4.2).
    It's what I have set up, just as a back up in case I don't have a SD Card or USB Drive and need to run backups.

11. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    setting 249 won't work for games lat reload the IOS either, unless you also patch the games to use 249.

the 2 best choices are, cIOSCORP and MODCHIP.
    A wiikey2 can be ordered preinstalled on a solderless clip fairly cheaply (unless you have the latest 2 versions of the dvd drive...) and for a bit more there is the Wiikey fusion