Hacking cIOSrev19 and disc channel

brollyssj82000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello. i want to install cIOSrev19. Can someone tell me what base should i use at install, for playing games from the disc channel? (base ios 38 or 57?).

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brollyssj82000 said:
Hello. i want to install cIOSrev19. Can someone tell me what base should i use at install, for playing games from the disc channel? (base ios 38 or 57?).
You can't play burnt games from the disc channel no matter which base you use.
You will need to install cIOSCorp in order to play games via disc channel.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To play games from the disc channel, you need to use something like StartPatch or Priiloader to have the system menu load from IOS249. If you do this, you can load games from the Disc Channel with any IOS as base.

D

Deleted member 180466

Which is better? Using cIOSCORP or using IOS249 to play games via the Disc Channel?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Time to digg out my little quote again:
QUOTE said:

If you belive it or not, this little Button here holds all your answers you asked for. Click on it, enter some Keywords of your question(s), and let the magic happen. And the best of it: It's free, and won't make you look like a dumbass!
Can you please use the Search? We already have dozens of Topics about this. And if you have no clue what you're talking about, let it be...it just makes you look more stupid (yes, that was a friendly advice).
  • Hell no for the IOS249 and Startpatch/Priiloader-Method. IOS249 wasn't built for using the Menu with it, you'll get random Errors, and you should also get Error #002 on all games released after NFS: Undercover (so you probably can't play any new games).
  • Rebooter doesn't work on all Wii with every version, and is just plain stupid and useless. Scratch that too.
  • If you want Backups from the Disc-Channel, cIOSCORP is the way to go (though I don't like it, it's messing too hard with your Wii for such a stupid thing...but thats my opinion...)
Honestly, I don't see any point why people would want to play Discs from the Disc Channel...why not install an Autoboot-Channel of NeoGamma? One click an you game gets launched. You're not messing that hard with your Wii, and who needs the banners anyway?

D

Deleted member 180466

Blue-K said:
Time to digg out my little quote again:
QUOTE said:

If you belive it or not, this little Button here holds all your answers you asked for. Click on it, enter some Keywords of your question(s), and let the magic happen. And the best of it: It's free, and won't make you look like a dumbass!
Can you please use the Search? We already have dozens of Topics about this. And if you have no clue what you're talking about, let it be...it just makes you look more stupid (yes, that was a friendly advice).
  • Hell no for the IOS249 and Startpatch/Priiloader-Method. IOS249 wasn't built for using the Menu with it, you'll get random Errors, and you should also get Error #002 on all games released after NFS: Undercover (so you probably can't play any new games).
  • Rebooter doesn't work on all Wii with every version, and is just plain stupid and useless. Scratch that too.
  • If you want Backups from the Disc-Channel, cIOSCORP is the way to go (though I don't like it, it's messing too hard with your Wii for such a stupid thing...but thats my opinion...)
Honestly, I don't see any point why people would want to play Discs from the Disc Channel...why not install an Autoboot-Channel of NeoGamma? One click an you game gets launched. You're not messing that hard with your Wii, and who needs the banners anyway?

Thank you for your answers!
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
I used to think the exact same way but I couldn't get DLC for Guitar Hero or Rock Band games to work correctly. So far, cIOSCORP has done no harm to my Wii. Music games are the only ones I play through the Disc Channel anyway since Configurable USB Loader is my primary way for backups.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can also force IOS 249 for disc based game loading, and install the cIOS corp'd System Menu IOS for your system (60 for 4.1, 70 for 4.2).
It's what I have set up, just as a back up in case I don't have a SD Card or USB Drive and need to run backups.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
setting 249 won't work for games lat reload the IOS either, unless you also patch the games to use 249.

the 2 best choices are, cIOSCORP and MODCHIP.
A wiikey2 can be ordered preinstalled on a solderless clip fairly cheaply (unless you have the latest 2 versions of the dvd drive...) and for a bit more there is the Wiikey fusion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...