Hacking Cioscorp - Worth me setting up

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been reading about CIOSCORP a bit recently & I'm considering having it instead of my Neogamma Backup channel (I believe it's R17 or somethin' - I'll have to check).

I'd quite like to be able to use the disc channel like with my normal retail copies...

It's quite nice to have the little Start screen for each game after all!

So, I've a few questions about it:

- Will CIOSCORP allow me to run all backups of my games like Neogamma?

- Is it hard to setup? And how long does it approximately take to setup?

- Can I at any point remove CIOSCORP if necessary? (Other than using BootMii to pur back the NAND Backup of my wii pre-CIOSCORP installation)

- Having CIOSCORP, will I still be abe to do things as I would normal - such as recieve messages off Nintendo? (Even if I do ignore them..)

- Will GC Backups work? Including my Multi-ISO GC Backups? (TBH, assuming I can still us Neogamma for them I don't mind)

- No other changes except to the disc channel being able to read backups?

- The Dics channel's not moveable, no? (I may be confused with something else, so excuse me if I'm completely off the mark on that.) I don't really want/need this feature, but it's worth knowing I thought.

- Will my backups of US games (NTSC) run okay (I'm in europe & so I've PAL, not NTSC)? If there's anything I'd need to change for this to work, could you tell me how, or show me where I could find out?

Also, do any users of either Neogamma or Cioscorp have any opinions on whether this is worthwhile for me to do? I hear that there's been a few problems with it in the past, such as Bricks & stuff...

Anybody any experience of this...

Any responses/advice on this'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Notyalc said:
I've been reading about CIOSCORP a bit recently & I'm considering having it instead of my Neogamma Backup channel (I believe it's R17 or somethin' - I'll have to check).

I'd quite like to be able to use the disc channel like with my normal retail copies...

It's quite nice to have the little Start screen for each game after all!

So, I've a few questions about it:

- Will CIOSCORP allow me to run all backups of my games like Neogamma?
Yes

- Is it hard to setup? And how long does it approximately take to setup?
You just have to run the installer. It takes some minutes

- Can I at any point remove CIOSCORP if necessary? (Other than using BootMii to pur back the NAND Backup of my wii pre-CIOSCORP installation)
There's an uninstaller

- Having CIOSCORP, will I still be abe to do things as I would normal - such as recieve messages off Nintendo? (Even if I do ignore them..)
yes

- Will GC Backups work? Including my Multi-ISO GC Backups? (TBH, assuming I can still us Neogamma for them I don't mind)
GC backups are optional, but it's possible

- No other changes except to the disc channel being able to read backups?
Nope

- The Dics channel's not moveable, no? (I may be confused with something else, so excuse me if I'm completely off the mark on that.) I don't really want/need this feature, but it's worth knowing I thought.
If you want that, you need to install Startpatch/Priiloader and enable "move disc channel".

- Will my backups of US games (NTSC) run okay (I'm in europe & so I've PAL, not NTSC)? If there's anything I'd need to change for this to work, could you tell me how, or show me where I could find out?
Enable a region free hack in Startpatch/Priiloader

Also, do any users of either Neogamma or Cioscorp have any opinions on whether this is worthwhile for me to do? I hear that there's been a few problems with it in the past, such as Bricks & stuff...
The installer should be safe, but you never know...
Have a bootmii backup (or priiloader installed) to be safe

Anybody any experience of this...

Any responses/advice on this'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
tj_cool said, the installer will do all the work, and you don't have to mess with any settings whatsoever, the thing is, afaik Cioscorp modifies several ios with corped cios, being more intrusive than say, Neogamma. There is an uninstaller that will allow you to remove everything, and it's pretty straightforward as well. Purists prefer not to install cioscorp in order to have their ios intact

Use cioscorp in combination with priiloader (as stated above) to be able to move the disc channel, enable region-free gaming, etc

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Just to mention...if your games from other regions needed to be forced to a Video Mode to work, you'll still need Neogamma or GeckoOS that they'll work/display proberly. The Priiloader/Startpatch Hack enabled that they'll play, but if your TV is old and doesn't know how the handle the Video-Signals of the game, you'll still need a Loader for these games.

(Not to mention that it's stupid to have cIOSCORP, in my opinion...but if you're lucky happy with it...)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
(Not to mention that it's stupid to have cIOSCORP, in my opinion...but if you're lucky with it...)
It's not stupid at all to have it if you use it IMO
Anyway, you mean happy, not lucky
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
one benefit of cioscorp over loaders like neogamma is that it supports IOS reloading games like Call of Duty 3.

Personally I prefer neogamma over cioscorp... but cioscorp is a VERY close second in my opinion. Make a nand backup, and give them both a try if u want... and u can make the decision for yourself
biggrin.gif

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, so when you say GC Backups are optional..is that an option when i'm installing Cioscorp or something?

I assume a priiloader is something which I've to install as a wad?
Either way, where would I get them? A link to an external site's alright to post on here isn't it?

And would said priiloder/startpatch be something that'd be fixed for each time I turn on/off. The name names give me the impression that that may not necessarily the case. Would said prii/s'patches be safe to use?

As far as I know I've only the one US game backed up, so perhaps I'll just use it on Neogamma to save all the hassle I s'pose.

As for Video Signals...well, my TV's pretty old (my Wii's in our back room with our old TV - We've had it since I's a kid!
biggrin.gif
), but having played NTSC games through Neogamma all I've needed to do is change the settings so that it makes it boot up as the Wii's regioning. (So that for any region it'll just go with the Wii's usual PAL Settings. It doesn't boot without changing said settings though.

And the uninstaller, is that downloaded as a HBC app along with the installer?

Thanks for all that help BTW; cleared up quite a lot of my problems there!
smile.gif

I appreciate all your opinions too.

I do like Neogamma from the perspective of how it loads up anything I throw at it.
but there's a certain charm to have the games booting as if they're normal surely you'd agree?

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
priiloader can be installed through a hbc app. the latest release can be obtained by clicking the download link on the right side of this page. priiloader's settings remain even after turning off the wii.

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that.

I'll give CIOSCORP a try later.

I've backed up my Wii's memory onto an SD yesterday, so I should be able to undo anything if it goes wrong, right?

Thanks for the pre/priiloader link too!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Notyalc said:
Thanks for that.

I'll give cIOSCORP a try later.

I've backed up my Wii's memory onto an SD yesterday, so I should be able to undo anything if it goes wrong, right?

Thanks for the pre/priiloader link too!
Yep, if you have bootmii as boot2 and the nand backup, you can always recover
biggrin.gif

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just done it.

Seems good so far - installed completely fine!

But, I've got newer games like Tatsunoko Vs Capcom & Muramasa; when I put them in, from the Wii Menu it says there's a Wii system update...

I would guess it's automatic, so I've not gone to the Start Menu yet. (Incase it's automatic)

But what should I do with it. See if it's a harmless update for just the game or what?

Thanks for all your help up 'til now people - It's been great having this amount of support!

EDIT: Added The GC Support (which works wiht Multi Disk BTW, has a simple GC start screen) & the update message's gone.

Thanks for all your help people! I really do appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: