Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
King Of Chaos said:
da_letter_a, I'm wondering, for the IOSes you use are you using the latest versions of them before using the DIP with them? I haven't used cIOSCORP and I was kinda wondering that.
Well, it's not using old IOS, but it's not using the newest IOS either. It's based on the IOS that come with system menu 4.0/4.1. They seem to be working the best, and are compatible with every Wii.
I'm thinking with the rev 17 DIP module, the majority of all games would work using the following IOSes and System Menu 4.2...

IOS9 (v778), IOS35 (v3349), IOS36 (v3351), IOS37 (v3869), IOS38 (v3867), IOS53 (v5406), IOS55 (v5406), IOS56 (v5405), IOS61 (v5405) and IOS70 (v6687)

I'm going to play with this in a bit and see what I come up with.
tongue.gif
If it works, it means a minimal amount of IOSes needed can be achieved.
tongue.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Erm.. Well IOS60 is put into IOS70's slot, to prevent 003 error, and there aren't any games that use IOS61...

And there are some problems when trying to 'corp' the 4.2 equivalent IOS, so that another reason why we're sticking with 4.1 equivalent IOS ATM, as they seem to do the job fine.

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Erm.. Well IOS60 is put into IOS70's slot, to prevent 003 error, and there aren't any games that use IOS61...

And there are some problems when trying to 'corp' the 4.2 equivalent IOS, so that another reason why we're sticking with 4.1 equivalent IOS ATM, as they seem to do the job fine.
Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to when playing around. With the minimal set of IOSes it seems to be working fine so far for the majority of the games - I'll do more testing.

siliconphoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Long time lurker, first time poster

I just attempted to run a clean install of cIOSCORP v3.6, but it's been hanging at installing CIOS35-v3092-v3.6.wad.

It's been sitting there for about 45 minutes and I'm a little worried about turning it off and starting from scratch. It hangs at Installing Content #06

Thoughts? Ideas? Recommendations?

-Blaziken-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Where can I download cioscorp? I emailed twice but no reply
frown.gif

I downloaded it from a mail of an Italian forum but I'm not sure :/ I don't want corrupted wads

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sen7inel said:
sen7inel said:
Is loading roms off dvd in emulators supported in this release? 3.5 had issues with this.

Can someone please check if loading roms in emulators from dvd works in this release?

Yes it works. Just use the Bootmii installer and install DVDx.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Blaziken- said:
Where can I download cioscorp? I emailed twice but no reply
frown.gif

I downloaded it from a mail of an Italian forum but I'm not sure :/ I don't want corrupted wads
You obviously made a mistake or didn't wait or refresh your mail box. The auto reply is working properly. Just double checked and all is well.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, do the cIOScorp uninstallers also uninstall prior versions of cIOS corp?

I'm beginning to think that I might have used a very old, prior version of cIOScorp on my Wii now, because I find its ability to play games through the disc channel very spotty. Sometimes it picks it right up and I see the game load up like a genuine disc.

However, a lot of times, I can hear the disc drive clicking and seemingly struggle, or it just flat out goes to a black screen and says "An error has occurred. Please eject the disc, turn off the power, and consult the manual for technical assistance."

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I need to un/re-do some of these hacks, or if maybe I should hit the "format system memory" and see if that will let me start fresh. Or enable startpatch to let me get to the recovery console on the Wii and basically reset to factory?

Any ideas would be helpful at this point, before I commit to any plan of action.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do not do a format system recovery, that will just erase all ur channels and saves, but not affect your cios's, u should use cioscorp uninstaller, then either reinstall the latest version of cioscorp v3.6, or install the neogamma disk channel from my signature below (be sure to have cios249 r17 or r14 or r13)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I personally like the idea of cIOScorp 3.5 and newer allowing me to boot games direct from the disc channel, and not have to use NeoGamma (except in rare instances).

Also, cIOS r17 does not seem to like me, as it basically made every backup unplayable, and automatically go to that "error has occured screen" as soon as I put the disc in.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if your using the disk channel and cioscorp to play backups, that doesn't use ios249 (Edit: unless you've patched the game personally to use ios249)

btw, the neogamma auto mod will launch the game straight away without first going to the Neogamma menu (even uses the settings on the sd card if there is one, otherwise default settings)

but I can see the cioscorp appeal, but use v3.6, its the hackmii installer friendly, lol

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, that just leaves me with one more question then... how do I get the uninstaller for cioscorp, anyway? The cioscorp site doesn't have any obvious links to the (un)installer.

Well, I bring up the cIOS 249 thing because it also had DIPs and whatever, that was mentioned in the cIOScorp extras (along with the choice of either wiigator or waninkoko's cmios, since I wanted to be able to play GC stuff too), and I do use *some* homebrew, so have a need for 249 to work, too.

As I said, I'm not going about doing anything to the Wii until I can get a "clear" battle plan, so any discussion to help fix it properly is greatly appreciated (links, too).
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY