Hacking cIOSCORP v3.3 release!

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
Im on 3.2 and so far Conduit works fine, WSR works, ghost busters works and even GH5 works, all are normally problematic games, but they work fine with no Lag at all

and im also using cios249

dods15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
urherenow said:
you should be able to if your TV can handle it. I run Japanese games from my disc channel on ntsc-U. You may need to play with the "force disc_region" hacks
I tried it and worked, thank you.
yay.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
I noised that when playing gamecube original disks a message pops up saying:

"An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disk. then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help Troubleshooting."

Backup disks play fine. but any Original game i try to play this message pops up and wont go away until the disk is removed.

Anyone know a fix or why this happens? started after i installed CIOSCORP v3.3.

Still awesome work! no other problems so far. :3

C

CasperH

kylsav said:
I noised that when playing gamecube original disks a message pops up saying:

"An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disk. then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help Troubleshooting."

Backup disks play fine. but any Original game i try to play this message pops up and wont go away until the disk is removed.

Anyone know a fix or why this happens? started after i installed CIOSCORP v3.3.

Still awesome work! no other problems so far. :3
I believe it is a bug in the cMIOS from cIOScorp.

And about The Conduit menu, before (when I was on cIOScorp 3.2) it didn't lag so it is definitely

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mattjd said:
Dude you can plat Tales of Symphonia easily on a PAL wii just use gecko os to force PAL 60 or patch the main.dol with GWP 1.2 and do NTSC to PAL then save tjen replace with wiiscrubber. Nothing to do with cIOSCORP I use a wiikey btw.
hmm, bit extreme dont you think. you dont need to change all the region files of a game to play it on an out of region wii, just change preloader settings to region free wii games enabled and kapow, done.

and if you have no experience with cIOSCORP then say nothing.

besides that, i can use it with my wii using USB loader, but it's other people that want the games from me that wont be able to play them unless they have an external HDD

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude dont treat me as a n00b I have been following the wii scene since the sd gecko times to get the twilight hack to work...

I have huge experience with cIOSCORP I have modded alot of Wii's.

Well the Preloader hack to force disc region doesnt work for me, it causes the game to be Black and White.

Patching the main.dol is not extreme at all. It is as easy as extracting a file from the ISO, then just open up a programme click a couple off button's then replace the main.dol with the new one... Pretty easy i would say...

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mattjd said:
Dude dont treat me as a n00b I have been following the wii scene since the sd gecko times to get the twilight hack to work...

I have huge experience with cIOSCORP I have modded alot of Wii's.

Well the Preloader hack to force disc region doesnt work for me, it causes the game to be Black and White.

Patching the main.dol is not extreme at all. It is as easy as extracting a file from the ISO, then just open up a programme click a couple off button's then replace the main.dol with the new one... Pretty easy i would say...
'Dude' i never said you were a n00b.

and i never said force disc region i said region free wii games hack. the reason that your ToS wont wotk with the force disc region in colour is because your TV will not support NTSC format, not because your wii wont.

and yes it is basic, but i cba downloading the program to do it
tongue.gif
i'll take a look through the downloads section for generic wii patcher and do it your way later, but first i'm just gonna try it with region frii. seems they do the same thing, but region frii you only have to press one button than do it the 'extreme' way lol

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahh sorry man for being a dick.The extreme way doesnt change the disc region. It forces The video mode so it will work on PAL eg TOS and Naruto shippuuden EX. My tv supports both its new sony flat screen. You will learn when you read about GWP. its quite handy.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh yeah thats the one, i was on about region change not video change with region frii haha

i'm sorry also, never meant to offend and be a know it all
wink.gif

i'm still gonna have a bash with region frii first though, alot of people have said all you have to do to get any game to work is region frii it and it'll work with cIOSCORP, strange indeed lol

cheers for the heads up tho
smile.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
if you use hermes ios 222 installer its not

as ios222 merge 38 and 36

as ios223 merge 37 and 38

load this up in usb loader GX and you wont have all that lag on the menu screen and after pressing the multiplayer tab
wink.gif

I think i use 223 in GX but might be 222...At any rate it fixes that (as does running cios rev 11 though i run rev 14 for ios 249 on my 3.2U)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont plan on using a USB loader for Conduit. I load all my games on DVD, VIA the Disc Channel. Thats's why I was wondering if this latest version of CiosCorp had a fix for the multiplayer issues with The Conduit.

C

CasperH

LightyKD said:
I dont plan on using a USB loader for Conduit. I load all my games on DVD, VIA the Disc Channel. Thats's why I was wondering if this latest version of CiosCorp had a fix for the multiplayer issues with The Conduit.
It has no issues, it just lags alot in the menu
tongue.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
LightyKD said:
It has no issues, it just lags alot in the menu
tongue.gif

Sorry I'm just picky about that stuff but Now I have a new plan so I can use a bit of info. Does anyone know which IOS is used by the following games?...

- The Conduit
- Need For Speed Undercover
- Spectrobes Origins
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
- Ghostbusters

The plan is to A) Not install the Corp v3 IOS that is used by the conduit but to install the Corp v3 version of the ios used by the other games, that way I can get all of my games working. Granted "NFS undercover" works in my current setup but I read somewhere that the Corp v3 version handles the lagging issue of that game a lot better.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK here's what I found out.

Spectrobes = IOS 55

The Conduit = IOS 55

NFS Undercover = IOS 55

Indiana Jones = IOS 53

Ghostbusters = Don't have a copy to check...

Good news is I can use the Corp 3 version of IOS 53 to fix Indiana Jones but It might have an effect on pre GH5 Guitar Hero games. As for the other games, because they use IOS 55 It looks like I cant have one without the other so in this case Im just going to supplement my CiosCorp setup with SoftChip r99 for some troublesome games like Indiana Jones and Spectrobes.

haroldolima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok It's my first post and I'm really a noob...
I update my Wii to 4.1U using the Wanikoko update, my Wii works great not trouble until them... So now I install the cIOSCORP v3.3, and this is my first cIOSCORP.
So some games, usually old games (Dragon Blade, Iron Man, etc...), now can be load by disc channel, not trouble at all. But when i'll try load other games like Guitar Hero Smash Hits or Guitar Hero 5 a text "system update" shows at disc channel, if i try load the game before starts another messenger apeers, inside of dic channel something like that "For use this software you system wiil be updated" and after that "If any unauthorized actuallization was made in your system after this update that's actuallization will be blocked and bla, bla, bla... if you don't agree with this hold power to reboot your Wii.". Well, I'm a noob so I power off my Wii, and never try pass this part, so my question is... can i have accept the "system update?" actually my Wii is offline so none update will happen, but there's any chance to brick if I accept that? Ok is this, plese have mercy on me....
Just to finish, before using cIOSCORP I used Backup Launcher and NeoGamma, both still on my Wii so if i have some problem with disc channel i can use these for load my burned discs.
Thanks to all wich have some patient to understand a noob =), sorry for english mistakes I'm brazilian.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH