Don Killah

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok guys, i just wanted to know what this file is supposed to do since i'm trying to upgrade several Wiis from SystemMenu v3.1e to 3.2e and i still getting an error (1035) while trying.

Is this file only required for downgrading from 3.3x/3.4 downto 3.2 or should i really need to install it anyway despite the fact that all Wiis are running fine (HBL + BL0.3g with 002Fix, SoftChipv82, MPlayerWii, StarFall...)

Thanks for your answers guys.

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to hijack thread but do you play call of duty world at war with that nickname as i think i seen you on a few levels could be some one else as prob a popular name don killah

Don Killah

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, so basically from what i've understand cIOS_Fix.wad is only necessary to prepare the downgrading from 3.3/3.4 downto 3.2?
And according to WiiPower cIOS_Fix.wad is cios36_rev5 while the last one is rev7.
So i guess there's no need for me to use rev5 while rev7 is already installed.

I still have few questions left...
1. Regarding the IOS Downgrader, i didn't used it.
Is it necessary as i upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 (so i guess my ioses still contain the trucha sign) or i can skip installing them.

2. Regarding WiiConnect24. I want to play sometime my games online, but don't want my Wii to make silent updates or whatever. So can i turn WC24 off and still be able to use wifi (for streaming, playing online and such?)

I know that it makes a lots of question but thanks for your help.

@jacklaidlaw:
nope it's not me... never thought that this alias was so popular, i made it back in 2001.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) I'd still follow the directions to "downgrade" to 3.2 Usually the guides have you install something that you'll need later on.

2)Keeping WC24 on is fine, it won't install any updates since tehre is supposedly no auto-updates clause in the agreement you agreed to when using the itnernet on your Wii. However you can play with it off.

D

Deleted User

Don Killah said:
Ok, so basically from what i've understand cIOS_Fix.wad is only necessary to prepare the downgrading from 3.3/3.4 downto 3.2?
And according to WiiPower cIOS_Fix.wad is cios36_rev5 while the last one is rev7.
So i guess there's no need for me to use rev5 while rev7 is already installed.

I still have few questions left...
1. Regarding the IOS Downgrader, i didn't used it.
Is it necessary as i upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 (so i guess my ioses still contain the trucha sign) or i can skip installing them.
Do not guess, better have a run. If all your IOSes are trucha bugged, it'll simply asks for reboot.

2. Regarding WiiConnect24. I want to play sometime my games online, but don't want my Wii to make silent updates or whatever. So can i turn WC24 off and still be able to use wifi (for streaming, playing online and such?)
Nah, there is no auto update portion even on 3.4. To be safe, when you're out for a trip, kill the Wii's power source, you'll be saving electricity too
tongue.gif

I know that it makes a lots of question but thanks for your help.

@jacklaidlaw:
nope it's not me... never thought that this alias was so popular, i made it back in 2001.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST.

The amount of times I seen this asked and it still BEARS repeating.

For the last **********ng time, the Wii does not have an auto-update feature at the moment, if THAT was the case, when Nintendo brought the new 3.4 update and you just got the mail, by this same retarded logic your Wii should had upgraded already.

If you got a message about a 3.4 update, GUESS WHAT?

YOUR WII DIDN'T MAGICALLY UPDATE.

PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER. I'd like to punch over and over the insane idiot who pushed this rumor about auto-updating Wiis.

tldr; No, could it happen in the future? Yes, but not on firmware 3.4 or below, there is nothing that indicates a 'stealth' software and Nintendo hasn't forced anyone's system to update to 3.4

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Wii Connect 24 does is allow you to receive channel, wii shop channel, and software updates through the mail. It might also let you to connect to wifi, but that's all it can do to modify what's on your system.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
i think that you need to chill mate... no need to be rough, i was just asking.

I'm not asking for much, just think. This isn't Professor Layton with a trick question.

If Nintendo was capable of updating Wiis, wouldn't they have done it when they sent everyone an update mail for 3.4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2