• Start date
  • Views 9,931
  • Replies 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't think that anyone even knows about the project I have been recently working on. It involves a copy of cIOS rev5. The cIOS rev 5 i was using was not the one with the leaked backup launcher. I have gotten to a good point of successfully managing to get the wii to read the logo off the disk. I was also surprised by how quickly it read the logo as well. To do this project I had several of my friends work with me. I decided the DIP module source was a very good way to get our backups running. I know that WiiGator's Backup Launcher 0.3beta did the same thing as well, however our code was a little bit differently executed. It was our main goal to have the disk channel read backups, however because of official IOS restrictions it made our job harder. Not only did we have to manage to get backups working. But we had to find a way to permenantly write the patch to the IOS. And we wanted to make sure that no Nintendo update would kill our hard work. We still do not have a solution to this so we are currently using MenuLoader5 to run IOS249. We have managed to get Wii Music and a bunch of other games to work (my friends had some backups of the games they owned.) However for a really weird reason saves get erased when they are written. So here's a preview of our mod, expect another 4 months of working. Stupid gameboy!
hate2.gif

Watch Here:
http://www.youtube.com/v/YTB74If4b24

D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry I don't know why it submitted three times
frown.gif
(( please remove other two
Stupid opera refreshed me three times... I am completely against spammers!!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So wait... it doesn't think you've played the game in the Wii, so it won't let you copy game saves to the memory...

And it deletes the save file you have...

Or is it one or the other?

This is a great breakthru, and hope you can fix it to work better!

D

Deleted User

OP
20clarky08 said:
ok your video looks nice...how close are you to fixing the save game issue??
Well it depends... because now the problem will be compatibility with game saves and not the game compatibility.
Well the game save will probably fix itself once IOS249 modifications will move into default IOSes. And that is the long wait.

D

Deleted User

OP
ebdynasty said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
expect another 4 months of working.
Have a nice long wait then...
smile.gif

By that time nobody on here will need to look forward to it
All right I take it the part about 4 months back. I think I kinda overrated. Lets say something like half a month?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
haha by the times its released Wiigators loader will totally 0wn this..
Its all from wanin & wiigator anyway, none of this would of started without wanin then wiigator taking over etc.
Wanin stil works with wigator with the backup loaders.

I Still maintain never going to get near real dvd speeds, i mean 6x dvd speed is SH*T anyway, the wii reads shit, 6x is slow, and 3x is allot slower. couldn't be done with any of the slow speeds and longer waiting loading times, smackdown vs raw must be the Sh*ttest game for slow reading!
couldn't imagine that on 3x, its unbearable having to wait so long on 6x speed lol.
But that's me, i'm impatient!!!

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, interesting. So if you could get the game saves problem fixed, then this could be an important breakthrough.

You should really ask Wanin and Gator if you can team up with them.
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
I Still maintain never going to get near real dvd speeds, i mean 6x dvd speed is SH*T anyway, the wii reads shit, 6x is slow, and 3x is allot slower. couldn't be done with any of the slow speeds and longer waiting loading times, smackdown vs raw must be the Sh*ttest game for slow reading!
couldn't imagine that on 3x, its unbearable having to wait so long on 6x speed lol.
But that's me, i'm impatient!!!

6x is not slow... I think it's fine for load times... any faster and you'll get a very loud drive... take the 360 for example... at 12x it sounds like the Blue Angles are flying through your living room...

Remember, the Wii's DVD drive isn't in an enclosure, like a standard drive... it's out in the open, so when you hear what a 360 drive sounds like IN AN ENCLOSURE, just imagine if you took the case out of the picture! Might as well fire up a jet engine right next to your ear!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
It cant, some how some way in the coming months you may see 6x speed reading from backup loaders, but thats some time to wait.....
Bushing has allready said how difficult it will be to get the loaders to read 6x speed......Going to take real hard examination of the way the dvd reads and the way to get the backuo loaders to be compatible with it (coding wise).
Don't know why but im against backup loaders, its probably jsut from the constant moaning everyones gave from error this error that etc. But some may know what i'm like when i post sometimes, im a bit of a C*NT and i know it
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
6x is not slow... I think it's fine for load times... any faster and you'll get a very loud drive... take the 360 for example... at 12x it sounds like the Blue Angles are flying through your living room...

Remember, the Wii's DVD drive isn't in an enclosure, like a standard drive... it's out in the open, so when you hear what a 360 drive sounds like IN AN ENCLOSURE, just imagine if you took the case out of the picture! Might as well fire up a jet engine right next to your ear!
Lol, its slow to me. can understand you though, ways and means to getting dvd readers (quietly operated)
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...