Hacking cIOS rev10 Issue

LilPup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i previously had gamma v3 and gcbl 0.1xi working perfectly, then i used cIOS36_rev10-Installer to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad for the usb loader, now both of my loaders no longer work, wtf?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
now that you mention it your right i just tried 2 games that normally worked from the disc channel on the wii and got:
QUOTE said:
an error occoured>
press the eject button,remove the game disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the wii operations manual for more information.

holy shit! now what! (imma re-install cioscorps)

edit:
well cioscorps didnt help any...

EDIT2: well at least commercial games work it picked up zelda :tp np
tongue.gif
ill keep trying to see how to fix it im checking my preloader settings now will report back (this seems to only be with backups)

also tried to disconnect all devices (usb,sd,mem cards ect) then load a backup from disc channel to no avail!
ohmy.gif

EDIT 2:

DISABLE YOUR PRELOADER HACKS ALL OF THEM and it will work apparently there is a conflict 3 being REMOVE DIAGNOSTIC DISC CHECK and DISC AREA CHECK and IOS RELOADING for 3.2U
wink.gif

HACKS.INI HEX VALUES THAT CLASH

[Disc Area Check]
version=289
offset=0x81377AE4
value=0x4082001C
offset=0x81377B08
value=0x41820010

[IOS Reloading]
version=289
offset=0x81375D38
value=0x3B200001
offset=0x81375D3C
value=0x3B0000F9

[Remove diagnostic disc check]
version=289
offset=0x81373A34
value=0x60000000

LilPup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems the wii loader is still working, just a bit slower, but the gamecube booter always causes the controllers to go dead

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a error no matter how I load my games on my hard drive after rev10. I tried via Wii to HD and PC to HD.

It worked fine before and now when I boot up usb loader it shows my HD is empty and has 14 games with full disk space. I click a empy slot and it asked me to load I do and nothing happens.

I just reinstalled rev 9 but I get the same error. ( Did not uninstall rev 10 )

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same error on rev 9 and 10, only game working for me is madworld. Disk eject error is there any work around

D4rkl1nXus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im also having issues though im on 4.0 :/ all my wii games show a banner but fail to load just reboot into the system menu. Swapping games causes the menu to freeze up as well as letting the menu run for 10-30 minutes. Gamecube games still run though.

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
All my backup games(NTSC and PAL) work through disk channel and when i wwant to them from the gamma, it only shows me on the top of the screen BackupLauncher Gamma Wiigator and on the bottom of the screen left shows a green gecko(even GeckoOs Doesnt working)after installing hacks.ini from preloade0.29
unsure.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SoLuckys said:
All my backup games(NTSC and PAL) work through disk channel and when i wwant to them from the gamma, it only shows me on the top of the screen BackupLauncher Gamma Wiigator and on the bottom of the screen left shows a green gecko(even GeckoOs Doesnt working)after installing hacks.ini from preloade0.29
unsure.gif

Unplug your Damn GC memory cards before loading the Gamma Launcher, actually only plug them when playing GC games, otherwise, keep them unplugged, got it..??
wink.gif

LilPup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i stepped back to rev9 and still gcloader still has a frozen controller, but wii loader is back to its normal speed

LilPup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO, o man, im so going to kick myself in the ass tonight, i was trying to change games and launch them using the wii controller instead of the gamecube controller, sorry for all your troubles, now that i downgraded back to rev8, time to work my way back up to 10 for the usb loader

D

Deleted User

ok today i used my rev 8 with cios USB Beta 3 with DVDX it it all worked great for me to watch the last white hope on my USB games worked as well on gamma launcher, but once i upgrade to either rev 9 or rev 10 some things i was doing on my rev 8 did not work, rev 9 my mplayer CE 0.4 had an error and did not load, saying reload in 8 seconds after 8 seconds it will freeze gamma works, rev 10 nothing works at all my mplayer CE freezes at start to a black screen nothing on the top left corner and when i press B for the rebooter as soon as i click the disk channel the 2 disks are spinning and without warning it freezes with everygame i put in there
right before i can press the start button in fact i dont even see it go it freezes completely

i installed my crap in this order because i would reinstall all my cios for a new REV
1. Cios
2. DVDX
3. Cios Usb

and thats how i worked it out can anyone tell whats going on here ?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a post about this last night. The New rev 10 seems to cause Gamma problems. So I reintalled 9 so I could use USB and Gamma.

D

Deleted User

yea so whats so important about REV 10 i dont get it ?
because it does only affect gamma it does to evrything that uses cios36 249 as well

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you want to use the USB loader that has the network download ability to get covers. You need it.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not true, the Ultimate Loader comes it two versions 1.1 and 1.5. Both of them support downloading.

The 1.1 version will work on rev 9 or 10.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dun4cheap said:
Thats not true, the Ultimate Loader comes it two versions 1.1 and 1.5. Both of them support downloading.

The 1.1 version will work on rev 9 or 10.

The Ultimate Loader I use. Can't remember the version. You need rev 10 for it too work. If not you get a network error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16