cIOS rev10 Issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LilPup, Apr 14, 2009.

Apr 14, 2009

cIOS rev10 Issue by LilPup at 4:46 AM (4,013 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. LilPup
    OP

Newcomer LilPup Member

United States
    i previously had gamma v3 and gcbl 0.1xi working perfectly, then i used cIOS36_rev10-Installer to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad for the usb loader, now both of my loaders no longer work, wtf?

2. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    [​IMG] now that you mention it your right i just tried 2 games that normally worked from the disc channel on the wii and got:
    holy shit! now what! (imma re-install cioscorps)

edit:
    well cioscorps didnt help any...

EDIT2: well at least commercial games work it picked up zelda :tp np [​IMG] ill keep trying to see how to fix it im checking my preloader settings now will report back (this seems to only be with backups)

also tried to disconnect all devices (usb,sd,mem cards ect) then load a backup from disc channel to no avail! [​IMG]

EDIT 2:

DISABLE YOUR PRELOADER HACKS ALL OF THEM and it will work apparently there is a conflict 3 being REMOVE DIAGNOSTIC DISC CHECK and DISC AREA CHECK and IOS RELOADING for 3.2U [​IMG]

HACKS.INI HEX VALUES THAT CLASH

[Disc Area Check]
    version=289
    offset=0x81377AE4
    value=0x4082001C
    offset=0x81377B08
    value=0x41820010

[IOS Reloading]
    version=289
    offset=0x81375D38
    value=0x3B200001
    offset=0x81375D3C
    value=0x3B0000F9

[Remove diagnostic disc check]
    version=289
    offset=0x81373A34
    value=0x60000000

3. LilPup
    OP

Newcomer LilPup Member

United States
    i dont use preloader

4. LilPup
    OP

Newcomer LilPup Member

United States
    seems the wii loader is still working, just a bit slower, but the gamecube booter always causes the controllers to go dead

5. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    just roll back to cios rev 9 [​IMG]

6. Filter

Member Filter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I get a error no matter how I load my games on my hard drive after rev10. I tried via Wii to HD and PC to HD.

It worked fine before and now when I boot up usb loader it shows my HD is empty and has 14 games with full disk space. I click a empy slot and it asked me to load I do and nothing happens.

I just reinstalled rev 9 but I get the same error. ( Did not uninstall rev 10 )

7. sionsays

Newcomer sionsays Advanced Member

United States
    I got the same error on rev 9 and 10, only game working for me is madworld. Disk eject error is there any work around

8. D4rkl1nXus

Newcomer D4rkl1nXus Newbie

United States
    Im also having issues though im on 4.0 :/ all my wii games show a banner but fail to load just reboot into the system menu. Swapping games causes the menu to freeze up as well as letting the menu run for 10-30 minutes. Gamecube games still run though.

9. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    All my backup games(NTSC and PAL) work through disk channel and when i wwant to them from the gamma, it only shows me on the top of the screen BackupLauncher Gamma Wiigator and on the bottom of the screen left shows a green gecko(even GeckoOs Doesnt working)after installing hacks.ini from preloade0.29 [​IMG]

10. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Unplug your Damn GC memory cards before loading the Gamma Launcher, actually only plug them when playing GC games, otherwise, keep them unplugged, got it..?? [​IMG]

11. LilPup
    OP

Newcomer LilPup Member

United States
    there r unplugged

12. LilPup
    OP

Newcomer LilPup Member

United States
    i stepped back to rev9 and still gcloader still has a frozen controller, but wii loader is back to its normal speed

13. LilPup
    OP

Newcomer LilPup Member

United States
    LMAO, o man, im so going to kick myself in the ass tonight, i was trying to change games and launch them using the wii controller instead of the gamecube controller, sorry for all your troubles, now that i downgraded back to rev8, time to work my way back up to 10 for the usb loader

14. WitoRIT92

Member WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok today i used my rev 8 with cios USB Beta 3 with DVDX it it all worked great for me to watch the last white hope on my USB games worked as well on gamma launcher, but once i upgrade to either rev 9 or rev 10 some things i was doing on my rev 8 did not work, rev 9 my mplayer CE 0.4 had an error and did not load, saying reload in 8 seconds after 8 seconds it will freeze gamma works, rev 10 nothing works at all my mplayer CE freezes at start to a black screen nothing on the top left corner and when i press B for the rebooter as soon as i click the disk channel the 2 disks are spinning and without warning it freezes with everygame i put in there
    right before i can press the start button in fact i dont even see it go it freezes completely

i installed my crap in this order because i would reinstall all my cios for a new REV
    1. Cios
    2. DVDX
    3. Cios Usb

and thats how i worked it out can anyone tell whats going on here ?

15. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I made a post about this last night. The New rev 10 seems to cause Gamma problems. So I reintalled 9 so I could use USB and Gamma.

16. WitoRIT92

Member WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yea so whats so important about REV 10 i dont get it ?
    because it does only affect gamma it does to evrything that uses cios36 249 as well

17. TheWon

United States
    well if you want to use the USB loader that has the network download ability to get covers. You need it.

18. dun4cheap

Member dun4cheap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thats not true, the Ultimate Loader comes it two versions 1.1 and 1.5. Both of them support downloading.

The 1.1 version will work on rev 9 or 10.

19. TheWon

United States
    The Ultimate Loader I use. Can't remember the version. You need rev 10 for it too work. If not you get a network error.

20. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    but has 1.1 been backported to include the wbfs block-erase fix?

if not then it's not safe.