alirain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, ( and girls if any ).

I've recently softmodded my wii with homebrew. I installed Bootmii and bannerbomb or whatever it's called rofl.

After, i came in the idea of making back-up on most of my game. I Made back-up of them, than i came to a wall :

Its requires to install cIOS. And most of website said it's was requiring internet. Lucky i was , on the README file inclued in wiigator release,
there was files that i could download and than manually install on my wii sd card. It's what i've done.

Now i wanted to install cios with teh homebrew channel. In README file , it's say to press A on the screen when promped ( on my wii screen ). it's say : USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

So i say yeye fuck off risk , just install cios.

The screen literaly froze here. I can't even press A on my wii remote to continu the install.

So i came to : Oh well , maybe it's cuz i,ve already copied all files requireds for offline cios ,so it's already installed ( even if i knew it's wasn't ).
So i tried to launch wiigator. When i come to the screen wit hte wiigator title, etc, nothing happens. Freezing.

Can someone help me and make ideas clear in my head so i could run back-up i made ? Cuz if one of my cd gonna get brick, i want to be sure that my back-up gonna work out.

here is some info on my wii :

I don't have any itnernet connection on my wii.
I have IOS37 v8.22
wii channel is Ver.3.1U

thanks to all support that is gonna be give to me.

Alirain~

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO it's a guide to update ur wii to 4.1 and have all the latest homebrew for running backups. There is no reason to be on 3.1.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Take the memory card out. And ALL cIOS installers have offine methods, *avoid* all site where you get the info that you need wifi on your Wii, that's completely wrong.

alirain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously the guide is unclear , there are step missing + missing link of download. Also , the package i,ve downloaded is unclear..

i saw better tut, any other idea ?

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Why did you say to update? Using 4.0 takes 10 zillion years to do homebrew. 3.2 takes 1 STEP. All you needed to say was "use waninkoko's downgrader to change system menu to 3.2 and run any cios installer with the cios wad on the root of the sd card" and it would've solved all problems but now it's a whole new ballgame.

There is a reason not to update to 4.1: It's a complete pain in the ass and there's no reason TO do it. Oh wow, SD menu, that's totally worth the trouble.

alirain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm, the bug as gone, now i keep my wii 3.1U and i can lunch back-up !

Sry i don't like to upgrade if it's not necessary.

All my back-up work
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: