CIAs installed using CFWs gets "corrupted" every system restart.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Icy, May 19, 2015.

1. Icy
    OP

Icy Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2015
    Hello, I have had this 3DS for 3 years and was happy to see the 3DS finally has a homebrew although I might be late.

I currently have 4.x version EU and have installed Palantine's CFW and managed to install DevMenu correctly too.

I have used DevMenu to install a simple Pokemon Yellow game.

Although after I restarted the 3DS, it said on both "games" that they could not be launched and suggested I redownload it from Nintendo eShop.

Is there a fix for this or did I do something wrong?

TL:DR: Games get corrupted after restarting the 3DS. Even DevMenu.

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Installing unsigned CIAs doesn't allow you to use them in sysNAND, if that's what you're trying to do - they'll only work while in CFW, which works around the signature checks; you have to boot into CFW every time you want to play them.

3. Icy
    OP

Icy Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2015

Mostly when I try to boot in CFW all I get is blue screen until I replace the files in the SD card with the original ones though..

4. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    They don't get corrupted. They simply crash to the home screen, because they are unsigned .cia files.

"True" CFWs remove the signature checks, so they run while you're in the CFW. But all currently released CFWs for the 3DS are RAM-based, until someone figures out how to dump and modify the damn thing's bootloader, meaning that if you turn off the 3DS then you're back in sysNAND/OFW/whatever you wanna call it.

5. Icy
    OP

Icy Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2015

Thank you for the info.