CIA Managers crashing sysNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Melonpan, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Melonpan
    OP

Melonpan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    I was running an o3ds (9.2) with rxTools and an unlinked emuNAND. I originally installed DevMenu on my sysNAND before setting up my emuNAND and unlinking them. I then reinstalled DevMenu to sysNAND, but both DevMenus in both NANDs caused crashes. (Yes I made sure to run either rxmode, Mini Pasta or Pasta CFW before trying!) The emuNAND DevMenu gave me an error and rebooted my system. The sysNAND DevMenu just rebooted automatically. Edit: FBI does work in homebrew launcher to install the cia managers.

I've tried a bunch of things since then, reinstalling DevMenu, tried BBM/Title Manager, etc. The same thing keeps occuring. Eventually I tried to completely format my SD card to start the process of creating emuNAND over, but when I went through the steps of this tutorial rxTools launched my old emuNAND?

Not sure where to go from here, but I'm continuing to try different things. Anyone have any idea whats causing this?

extra info: Sony 128gb SD class 10, newest version, just bought recently

Last edited by Melonpan, Feb 7, 2016
  2. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    I'm currently having the same issue with another 128gb class 10 sd card. I somewhere read that it's the size of the sd card crashing devmenu, since it never was intended for us to use it. Therefor they didn't check if larger amounts of storage space on the sd card would crash it.

Just use FBI, works for me :)

3. HenryLeonheart

HenryLeonheart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2014
    You need to run Pasta before using a Title Manager like DevMenu.

4. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    I already had Cakes and Rei emunand set up on a 32 gb sd card. Made a new emunand for rei on my 128gb sd card - dev menu crashed. Same with cakes cfw ;)

5. Ante0

Ante0 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    astronautlevel likes this.
  6. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    I'll just install some 'backups' using FBI first until my free space is below 89gb :P