Homebrew Cia install failed multiple times.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm amazed that, out of all the 3DS games that i have installed, this is the only one who doesn't want to work, what is this game you may ask?, Fire Emblem If (English Patch).cia

Usually, all i have to do is to use FBI, BBM or Devmenu to install one of my cias, in this case, I failed the installing of a game called Etrian Odyssey Dungeon, but after downloading another cia, it was fine, but for this game not.

What have i tried?, I tried to download at least 3 cias of the same game, in both Sysnand and Emunand to just see if it can work, they all failed, I tried to convert the rom into a .cia and then i tried to install it on my 3DS through the Emunand and the Sysnand as well, it also failed.

I was thinking on installing this through Reinand, but all i have is an O3DS, so my options are running low, I also tried to use the Reinand MSET to see if i could do something different, and nope, still the same thing.

I tried different versions of all the Cia installers, i tried to do some thing to see if i could install this, and for every each occasion they all said: "Hahaha, NOPE, Install Failed, NN_Module", my only hope was trying to install this thing with Cubic Ninja, but for some whatever reason, seems like my 3DS can't process using Cubic Ninja Either!.

I'm out of options here, what is weird is that i can install any other normal cia, but not this one, this one refuses to be installed, and it kinda annoys me at this point, is there anything else i can do for this?, is there something i need to do to install a patched translated .cia game?.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the storage space?

Yes, i have an SD Card of 32GB, I double checked, and i have the possibility to install, after all, i have about 24 or 26GB free, so a game of 1.8GB x 2 = 3.6GB, and i have that amount multiplied by (if we convert 3.6 to 4) 6 approx, so this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is your SD's filesystem FAT or FAT32?

My SD has a filesystem FAT32, with an UHS-1 Class of 32GB, I knew that "Fat" alone may present some problems, so i decided to format it to Fat 32 naturally, was that the right choice?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes. FAT doesn't like large files, and that would cause issues. Though it's possible that your emunand is formatted to FAT, and I'm not sure of a way to check since the partition tools I've used (GParted and cfdisk) just show it as unallocated space.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. FAT doesn't like large files, and that would cause issues. Though it's possible that your emunand is formatted to FAT, and I'm not sure of a way to check since the partition tools I've used (GParted and cfdisk) just show it as unallocated space.

I checked through the Windows Partition and it clearly says "Fat 32", I also used SD Formatter (not the windows one) to format my SD into a 32 Partition Memory, so well, as for the Emunand, I don't think the big files is the issue at all, since i was able to install games like Stella Glow (which has 1.31GB) and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, so this makes things even more weirder.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It's when you get into the 3+ GB range that it starts screwing up. And EmuNAND is a hidden partition on your SD, so traditional Windows tools aren't going to give you information on it. Even if the main partition is FAT32, doesn't mean EmuNAND is. I believe there was a recent update to EmuNAND9 that added FAT32 support, but I'm not sure.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's when you get into the 3+ GB range that it starts screwing up. And EmuNAND is a hidden partition on your SD, so traditional Windows tools aren't going to give you information on it. Even if the main partition is FAT32, doesn't mean EmuNAND is. I believe there was a recent update to EmuNAND9 that added FAT32 support, but I'm not sure.

*sigh* That means i have to format Emunand, well, at least could you tell me of a way to save my 3DS save files?, I don't want to lose all the progress I've already reached so far.

bidiminished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, i have an SD Card of 32GB, I double checked, and i have the possibility to install, after all, i have about 24 or 26GB free, so a game of 1.8GB x 2 = 3.6GB, and i have that amount multiplied by (if we convert 3.6 to 4) 6 approx, so this shouldn't be a problem at all.
Are you sure your card's actual capacity is 32 GB? You can use h2testw to confirm it. I ran into CIA installation problems after my "64 GB" card used up its real capacity of 5.6 GB.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure your card's actual capacity is 32 GB? You can use h2testw to confirm it. I ran into CIA installation problems after my "64 GB" card used up its real capacity of 5.6 GB.
Yep I had the same happen to me damb eBay scammers def try h2testw and I am sure you will find that is the problem

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I finally did it, I managed to install this game, what was the problem, i think i found it.

No, I tested and my SD is definitely 32GB out of 32GB, I bought this SD on a Retail Store so i knew that i had everything, so what was my problem then?, it wasn't the cia, it was the Emunand itself.

Before using my 32GB card, I used a 4GB Card with Emunand, needless to say, it could only hold up to 2.60 (using both the .cia file and the space required to install the game) so anything higher than 1.30GB wasn't possible to install, and since i copied that Emunand from my old 4GB sd card to my new 32GB sd card, it had that "Imaginary" limit that didn't let me install shit.

So all it took me was formatting my SD, installing a new Emunand, updating to 10.4 using a Modded Rxtools, and guala, now i'm able to install this game as well many, many others that i (otherwise) couldn't, this is a day of glory definitely, it was hard, but worthy, I was challenged by this game, but in the end, my pirate hat always wins after loads of struggles.

So yeah, my problem is now solved, thank you everyone for the answers.

Atmino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I just saw your message and I have exactly the same issue.
So to solve it, you found that solution, but did you keep your game saves in the process? because I have some games with saves, I don't want to loose them but if I can't do an other way I'll have no choice.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Would format a new emunand and then inject the backup of your old emunand make any diference? I also want to change from 8gb to 64 and I don't know if I'll have the same problem

Atmino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's what I've done Arubaro, but now I've come to think that it's the cia that I haven't installed with the good app: I try to install Ace attorney dual destinies, using fbi* it fails.
Our hope is Demifiend lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free