Hacking CIA icons are gone

joeh1974

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I did something dumb and installed too many cias on my emunand. No idea that there was a hard limit of how many you could install. Most of the games were converted NES, SNES, and GBA games. Now it looks like about half of my installed 3DS game icons are missing.

I thought that I would just delete some installed .cia files, but my BBM and FBI icons are also missing. Tried going to FBI through the homebrew launcher, but it just loads up a grey screen with horizontal lines running across it.

Is there any solution here? Do i just need to format my emunand and start again? Is there a way to reinstall the BBM cia and then begin deleting installed files on the SD card that way?

I don't mind going through the process of reinstalling cia files, but I hope to avoid having to set everything else back up again.

Additional info:

N3DS with sysnand on 9.2, emunand on 10.7. Sysnand and emunand are unlinked. Using Reinand with menuhax.

Edit: Here is the original guide I followed to set up Reinand. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Edit2: I did make a backup of my emunand using emunand9 before installing any .cia files if that helps.

Thanks!

Last edited by joeh1974,

joeh1974

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game limit is 300.
Was FBI injected into H&S?

Yes, I now understand the game limit is 300. That's why I'm trying to fix this. :)
I don't know what you mean by "injected into H&S".

Also, if it makes any difference, I copied all of the contents of the sd card over to the computer right after getting my emunand set up. Would it be possible to just delete everything off of the SD card, and copy those files back over?

joeh1974

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm. Can't you delete installed CIAs from the System Settings Software menu?

Backing up my SD card now, just in case. I'll try that next to see if it's feasible. Thinking about just deleting what is on my SD card and copying over the contents that I saved off when I set up Reinand fresh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Erm. Can't you delete installed game CIAs from the System Settings Software menu?

That did the trick! Deleted enough installed cia's to get back under 300 and FBI and BBM are now showing up again. Many thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night