Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by sphinx.djc, Jul 27, 2010.

1. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    Just my luck... I just entered the time portal into 12,000 BO (the antiquity age) my first time making it this far in the game. I exited one of the cities after fighting the Nu and I decided to save, game locked up, music kept playing, so I reset. I come back in, and my save file is corrupt. The game pretty much says to press 'A' or tap the screen to delete the corrupted save files, I didn't delete anything yet. This has never happened to me in Chrono Trigger, the last time I backed up I was more than a week ago which will set me back a few hours unfortunately.

Would anyone have a save they'd be willing to share somewhere around where I am? Or is there a way I can save my corrupted save and get it to work again?

2. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Hull
    Personally, I'd think yourself lucky that you're even the type of person to make backups. A few hours isn't that bad, to be honest, given that most people don't take precautions.

Sadly, I don't have any experience with any save-file corruption in Chrono Trigger; so if there is a way to restore your save, I'm not the one who'll tell you.

Best of luck, though. [​IMG]

3. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    I make backups every time I put on new games or am about to update, or if I think I've gone too long without one. This backup though I think is further back game wise, I played a lot of Chrono Trigger so its gonna suck having to catch up [​IMG]

4. Nimbus

Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

Nov 1, 2009
    Probably being lazy.
    Yeah, it kinda sucks when you lose your save files.

Still I wonder why it happened.

Although it really wouldn't affect me, I've played through Chrono Trigger so many times on the SNES as a kid that I've literally become a living walk-through for the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice