Gaming Chrono Cross Eboot

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out.

I went through the process of converting my Chrono Cross iso file into an Eboot, and then put it in the PSP/Game/Chrono Cross folder, and it begins to load. The P.O.P.S Screen comes up saying Booting Playstation Bios.[ SCPH100.BIN].
The screen then goes black for about 10-15 seonds, and then a little click noise happens and the system turns off.

All of my emulators still work, my lumines iso works, and normal games still boot properly.

Do I need to update something? Can anyone help me?

Sorry for the trouble!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try using something like PSX2PSP, it's a great GUI.

Also don't name the dir with a space in it, I'm not sure if it could influence something.

Also what firmware are you on?

Never heard or seen my PSP doing that "Booting Playstation Bios" thingy.

You've probably used some strange converter. Try to stick using PSX2PSP or the official DAX one
tongue.gif

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using 5.00 M33-3.

I'll look up this PSX2PSP converter. If you have a link that'd rock too.

Would it make any difference if the file I was converting said it was an "undisker" file?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maddpierrot said:
I am using 5.00 M33-3.

I'll look up this PSX2PSP converter. If you have a link that'd rock too.

Would it make any difference if the file I was converting said it was an "undisker" file?
I'm still on 4.01, but it should be the same
tongue.gif

Here's the link to it.

Undisker? Never heard of it, but it seems to be an ISO manipulating program.

Try creating ISOs with CloneCD
tongue.gif
I use that, usually.

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's already in ISO format, how do I do it?

I don't know where to go from here. I have the file in ISO format, but I need it as an EBoot to play, correct?

I just drop it in the correct directory and I should be all set, but that didn't work. Now I'm trying to use the psx2psp thing, but I can't convert it. It gives me an error that says it can't find the base.pbp file.

>.< Sorry, Really confused right now!

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so here's where I'm at now.

It loads the game, the PS1 logo shows up, then it goes to the Square logo..... then blackness. Nothing happens after that.

Is it just a corrupt file?

Disk 2 works. Disk 1 does not.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It can be one of two things:

-The file for the first game is corrupt, or it got corrupted when it was converted into an eboot. Re-download the iso and try again.
-You're using the wrong POPs firmware. Go to google.com and search what POPs firmware you need to play Chrono Cross Disc 1.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I got an article for you about which POPs firmware's work and what the problems are:

"This game does not let you save before changing discs, so you are going to have to either use a patch made by Psychospacefish, CWcheat, or create a multidisc EBOOT with popstation_md (only works on 3.71-4 m33 or higher)

3.40: Use GameID SLPS-01222. It will appear a little laggy, but it's less likely to freeze. Update: Use GameID SCUS-94640, it's much better.

3.51: Use GameID SCUS-94640.

3.52: The game will freeze when accessing the character status.

3.71: Update by GamerbyDesign: Tested on 3.71 M33 with SLUS-01041 & SLPS-01222 it does not freeze when accessing character status, however it does freeze in the first boss battle against Mama Komodo. If you use GameID SCUS-94640 it wont freeze after Mama Komodo, but going to character status it will freeze.

3.72: Use popsloader to run 3.72 pops. With GameID SCUS-94640 it wont freeze on character status or the first boss Mama Komodo! It REALLY matters what converter you use to make the eboot. Read Here for more information on what converter to use.

3.90: Intro movie does not load on the first disc. Use 3.80 popsloader to run 3.72 pops.

3.90: tested on my 3.90 psp and worked perfectly. i am using original the actual game id and i have both discs in one eboot. By LordJovanius

4.01: Status screen freezing both with original and 94640. Loading 3.72 instead fixes it.

5.00: Using GameID SCUS-94640 it doesn't freeze on Status screen and it doesn't freeze after beating Mama Komodo. 5.00 m33-3 might be just as good as 3.72 for this game. EBOOT was made with PSX2PSP v1.4.2 "

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent.

So since I have 5.00 m33-3, I'll want to use popsloader 3.72.

Now I just need to figure out how to install the correct popsloader stuff onto my mem card.

Thanks a ton, War.

And if you're good with the popsloader stuff, info on that would be much appreciated too >.

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone through the blast processing walkthrough and I still can not get popsloader installed.

I have the files place and everything, but when I start it up in recovery mode and go to plugins, it doesn't show the popsloader.prx plugin.

Any ideas?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, I had a ton of problems setting up popsloader as well. My problem, though, was that I was putting it wrong in my vsh.txt

Just make sure you put all the sufficient lines in your vsh, and make sure they are activated. If you did everything right, when you load up your PSX game, a little menu will appear and prompt you to select the firmware POPs you want.

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it all set.

Problem discovered: Was a bad file all along.

Will have to find my disks and make it myself, probably at a friends house
sleep.gif

Thanks for all the help, I have a more adjustable PSP now and better knowledge of the subject matter.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
Yeah, I had a ton of problems setting up popsloader as well. My problem, though, was that I was putting it wrong in my vsh.txt

Just make sure you put all the sufficient lines in your vsh, and make sure they are activated. If you did everything right, when you load up your PSX game, a little menu will appear and prompt you to select the firmware POPs you want.
What, you have to write lines in that for the popsloaders?! I spent ages extracting each fw to get the right pop files and I thought just leaving them in /seplugins/popsloader was ok?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. What I did wrong was, in my vsh.txt, I put an extra line. I can't remember what it was, but it was a wrong extention. For example:

PSP/seplugins/poplsoader.prx (Spelled wrong)

I'm sure that's not what it was, but it was something of that similar nature. It didn't have anything to do with the firmwares.

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I did too, but it doesn't work
sleep.gif

Thought I had discovered the problem, but didn't

I just got a couple more files and updated my vsh.txt so maybe it'll work now

I got Chrono Cross to work. And Legend of Mana. Metal Gear Solid, however, is still having troubles.

Thank you so much for all of your help. The problem was my popsloader was missing a file required from 4.01, and I was missing a line in the vsh.txt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol