1. subcon959

OP subcon959 teh retro

Sorry if this has been discussed already but what's with all the warnings about the site when browsing with Chrome?

[​IMG]

2. TomRannd

TomRannd GBAtemp's clown.

Canada
    never seen this before, but from what i would assume it is just chrome being a doofus and assuming every single site with downloads is a harmful site. seeing how it says programs, that is all i can take from this.

it might also just be the URL you put in. try putting https:// before all of your site stuff and it might see it as a secure site.

if you click learn more, you might see a prompt allowing you to proceed. no idea if you already know this or not though.

Last edited by TomRannd, Jul 20, 2020
  3. subcon959

OP subcon959 teh retro

@TomRannd Yeah, I'm able to still browse the site and everything it's just that these warnings only started recently. I know you can submit a URL as the site owner for consideration, so I'm wondering if this is something that needs to be done or if it was done in the past and expired or something?

I'd rather not disable safe browsing altogether so wanted to see if there was a possible solution.

4. TomRannd

Canada
    i honestly have no clue to be honest. i never came across this. i've tried to re-create the problem and all yet i cant get it. gbatemp has had some wacky behavior lately it seems, nothing breaking it too bad though. i would be surprised if this is part of the "weird behavior" though. this seems like it might just be, like you said an expired yada yada.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I haven't had it happen to me anywhere except when I tried the PS-Phwoar thread.

6. TomRannd

Canada
    if that's the case, it must be chrome seeing the downloads/links as a bad thing. or, it is expired site business i don't know too much about.

on the bright side, it isn't site breaking. i guess we can just ping @shaunj66 and see if he knows what's going on?

7. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Last I checked, this was caused by people hosting their sig images on sites Google flags as sketchy. In the past, FileTrip was one of these, which you can imagine meant this was far more frequent. I assume the root problem is the same either way.

8. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    Thank you for the report we're looking into it now

alexander1970 likes this.
  9. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Fan

Got the same thing on Firefox. Everything was fine until I clicked on the PS4 Phwoar thread, now I have a permanent red warning bar at the top of my browser...

[​IMG]

10. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i have never had this problem until now accessing the same post as the OP

11. schatzi24

schatzi24 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I have also this problem

12. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    It has been happening for the past couple of weeks for me. I have removed the attachments that were there in case it was them that was being wrongly detected as a threat but the warnig still happens. I will probably be a while before the page is scanned again and the warning removed.

13. wezlyons

wezlyons Member
    Newcomer

I get a strange message on Chrome that says "Did you mean gbatemp.net?".
    It then warns me that some sites are spoofs of other sites and to always check the url before clicking.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - browsing, warnings, Chrome