1. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer
    Developer

United States
    Cool, now I can play the dinosaur jumping game with proper controls!

FoxMcloud5655 and eskinner3742 like this.
  2. Ryan Warren

Ryan Warren GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Professional Lurker

United States
    Yeah, I would say that either Google's streaming service involves streaming through a chrome app... Or were getting chrome on switch... Or both?

4. morvoran

morvoran Trumpican

United States
    I'm started to wonder if Nintendo is planning on giving up their own console market in place of making games/peripherals for other companies.

For example, they started making games for mobile (after stating that they never would), plan on letting Microsoft have their new game streaming service on the Switch, and now letting Google use their controllers.

5. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

United States
    well, this ain't the first time I'll play Club Penguin Rewritten with a controller.

6. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

United States
    I would like to see these sources.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    My Pro Controller seems to work just fine without any "initialization sequence", though some extra effort is needed to get rumble, gyros etc. working. But otherwise it just works as a DInput controller, at least wireless. Wired doesn't work out of the box.

8. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Steam has long has support for Sony's controllers. We know how Sony feels about cross-anything and they would've surely stopped them if they could do so, without borking the basic bluetooth standard that lets you connect to various devices for PSNow. If Sony cant' stop Valve then neither can Nintendo stop Google.

xCloud on switch still looks specious, with iOS/Android having been announced recently, and a counter-rumor that it "isn't happening anytime soon." If nothing shows up at GDC then I'd forget about it happening until well after the next xbox gen arrives.

Even if xCloud on Switch was coming, Nintendo would be providing the hardware and collecting the platform fee on Microsoft's software. That's literally the exact opposite of Nintendo exiting the console business.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Mar 17, 2019
  9. morvoran

morvoran Trumpican

United States
    I understand where you're coming from with this. What I was implying was that Nintendo is starting to do a lot of things they were against in the past such as working with competitors or letting their IP's be used on anything other than their own devices.

I have an inkling of a feeling that Nintendo even thinking about letting the Switch become a Microsoft streaming device could just be them "testing the waters" so to speak. Maybe, in the future, instead of the Nintendo Switch U, it will be a Microsoft Xbox Switch U 720 streaming device. Also, I think I read somewhere that Microsoft is planning on releasing a "stream only" console which could possibly be related. This could be the beginning of the end for what we know as Nintendo. Same thing happened with Sega.

Of course, this is, entirely, all just speculation.

10. Avanders0125

Avanders0125 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm curious to see where they go with this. I mean, it's nice but now what?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Controller, support, Chrome