Hacking Choosing a Flashcart

ZereoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently got my R4 stolen by "I don't know who" but since I have to buy a new card I wanted to ask here what would be my best possible choice.
I have a NDS Lite and here are the cards I was looking into.

Characteristic:
High Rom & Homebrew Compatibility
microSDHC & microSD support
Frequent updates
Neat Interface/GUI
Real-Time Save, soft-reset & cheat support

FlashCarts:
M3i Zero
iTouch2
Supercard DSONEi
R6 Gold
Acekard 2i

P.S: If you have a other card to propose go ahead.

Thanks.

ZereoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I shrunk my list to 2 Cards:
M3i Zero and Acekard 2i (or 2.1)

What I need to know is:
1. What is the difference between 2i and 2.1 (Other then DSi compatibility)?
2. Is the M3i worth the extra 10$ compared to the 2i ( 12$ with the 2.1)?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no diffrence for 2.1 and 2i besids dsi stuff

if you want the extra features go m3i but ofr a nice budget card that excelent go ak2i

Elvins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZereoX said:
I recently got my R4 stolen by "I don't know who" but since I have to buy a new card I wanted to ask here what would be my best possible choice.
I have a NDS Lite and here are the cards I was looking into.

Characteristic:
High Rom & Homebrew Compatibility
microSDHC & microSD support
Frequent updates
Neat Interface/GUI
Real-Time Save, soft-reset & cheat support

FlashCarts:
M3i Zero
iTouch2
Supercard DSONEi
R6 Gold
Acekard 2i

P.S: If you have a other card to propose go ahead.

Thanks.
The CycloDS Evolution. It has everything you describe. I know, I know - when I am on a forum asking for help between x and y, and someone suggests z, it's annoying. But I seriously reccomend it. It is compatible with nearly all ROMs and homebrew. It has microSDHC support. Team Cyclops is known for Frequent Updates!! When M&L3: Bowser's Inside story came out, on most flash carts including CycloDS Evolution it didn't work unless you used a protection fix that had issues after saving. They managed to push out the beta of firmware 1.56 within days with fixes for games with the new copy protection, and now my M&L3 works perfectly. They constantly are adding updates, to the GBA support, ROM compatibility and feature list.
The interface is similar to what you are used to - Games / Media / Settings, the type of GUI most commonly used on flash carts.
It has real-time save, soft-reset and cheat support. It has Evolution Tools, software allowing you to add your own codes as well as recieve updates from the CodeJunkies website.
I sincerely reccomend it with all my heart

ZereoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Elvins, you make a good point and thank you very much for it but, the CycloDs Evolution is a bit pricey and think I will stick with the budget cards. Team Cyclo's frequent updates is a nice plus but, I'm going to have to choose the Ak2i because it has a slightly better Homebrew compatibility as well as a cheaper price tag (For the price of a Cyclo I can get a Budget card as well as a 8Gb microSDHC card). I also just learned about the unofficial firmware: AKAIO which apparently makes it one of the most compatible carts on the market as well as giving it extra features and it's even supported by the AK team.

As for the M3i Zero, 10$ more will only get me a re-flash-able & RTS (Not really necessary) card, which frankly I don't need to flash since I'm on a DS Lite and not a DSi.

Thanks you very much. To all 4 of you.
ZereoX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.