Choosing a Flashcart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ZereoX, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

Choosing a Flashcart by ZereoX at 4:31 AM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ZereoX
    OP

Newcomer ZereoX Newbie

Canada
    I recently got my R4 stolen by "I don't know who" but since I have to buy a new card I wanted to ask here what would be my best possible choice.
    I have a NDS Lite and here are the cards I was looking into.

Characteristic:
    High Rom & Homebrew Compatibility
    microSDHC & microSD support
    Frequent updates
    Neat Interface/GUI
    Real-Time Save, soft-reset & cheat support

FlashCarts:
    M3i Zero
    iTouch2
    Supercard DSONEi
    R6 Gold
    Acekard 2i

P.S: If you have a other card to propose go ahead.

Thanks.

2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I know Acekard 2i has no real time save,so that's off the list. There,I narrowed the list down.

3. ZereoX
    OP

Newcomer ZereoX Newbie

Canada
    Ok so I shrunk my list to 2 Cards:
    M3i Zero and Acekard 2i (or 2.1)

What I need to know is:
    1. What is the difference between 2i and 2.1 (Other then DSi compatibility)?
    2. Is the M3i worth the extra 10$ compared to the 2i ( 12$ with the 2.1)?

4. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    no diffrence for 2.1 and 2i besids dsi stuff

if you want the extra features go m3i but ofr a nice budget card that excelent go ak2i

5. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Acekard 2i all the way.

6. Elvins

Newcomer Elvins Newbie

United States
    The CycloDS Evolution. It has everything you describe. I know, I know - when I am on a forum asking for help between x and y, and someone suggests z, it's annoying. But I seriously reccomend it. It is compatible with nearly all ROMs and homebrew. It has microSDHC support. Team Cyclops is known for Frequent Updates!! When M&L3: Bowser's Inside story came out, on most flash carts including CycloDS Evolution it didn't work unless you used a protection fix that had issues after saving. They managed to push out the beta of firmware 1.56 within days with fixes for games with the new copy protection, and now my M&L3 works perfectly. They constantly are adding updates, to the GBA support, ROM compatibility and feature list.
    The interface is similar to what you are used to - Games / Media / Settings, the type of GUI most commonly used on flash carts.
    It has real-time save, soft-reset and cheat support. It has Evolution Tools, software allowing you to add your own codes as well as recieve updates from the CodeJunkies website.
    I sincerely reccomend it with all my heart

7. ZereoX
    OP

Newcomer ZereoX Newbie

Canada
    Elvins, you make a good point and thank you very much for it but, the CycloDs Evolution is a bit pricey and think I will stick with the budget cards. Team Cyclo's frequent updates is a nice plus but, I'm going to have to choose the Ak2i because it has a slightly better Homebrew compatibility as well as a cheaper price tag (For the price of a Cyclo I can get a Budget card as well as a 8Gb microSDHC card). I also just learned about the unofficial firmware: AKAIO which apparently makes it one of the most compatible carts on the market as well as giving it extra features and it's even supported by the AK team.

As for the M3i Zero, 10$ more will only get me a re-flash-able & RTS (Not really necessary) card, which frankly I don't need to flash since I'm on a DS Lite and not a DSi.

Thanks you very much. To all 4 of you.
    ZereoX