Hacking Question Choidujournx and exfat32

Krakenfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am on 4.01 using fat32 formated 256gb microsd and would like to update to 6.2 with Choi and to start using exfat so please could you help me with following:

a) I know that Choi gives option to use exfat, but how does it function- is it required to reformat whole card, or I have to reformat it in PC? If in pc, do I do it on my PC with transfering current files from microsd to PC, doing format to exfat and transferring back files? Or am I misunderstanding this process?

b) How does taking out microsd works, does switch has to be turned off, or not?

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) you can install a fw with or without exfat support, so it's recommended to choice "6.2.0 exfat". If you use a microsd either fat32 or exfat you won't have a problem
2) even if you remove it while switch is on, the console itself will shut down (will display an alert to first shut down the console and then remove msd)

Reactions: Krakenfy

Krakenfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much crissal and please could you tell me if card itself will be reformatted to exfat as well, or if (after installing fw with exfat) I will have to reformat microsd and transfer all files to newly formatted card?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much crissal and please could you tell me if card itself will be reformatted to exfat as well, or if (after installing fw with exfat) I will have to reformat microsd and transfer all files to newly formatted card?
Nothing will happen to the card, it will still work as before. For using exfat then you need to reformat it yourself.

Reactions: Krakenfy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things