MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Something I was working on over summer.  It's my first PAlib project so I tried to keep it small and simple.  Basically it's Joust (the old arcade game with the knights and flying ostriches/vultures) but with a bit of a final fantasy theme.  I edited the original joust guy to make the chocobo/knight... The vulture guys and eggs are a straight rip, but everything else was made from scratch by me.

Only levels 1 and 3 have any enemies or coins.  It's a fairly long way from being complete, but it might be ages before I get the time to put any real work in to again, so I just wanted to show what I'd done so far to see what people think and actually get some of my work out there for people to see.  I've been making games for years (not with PAlib, or anything as complex, mind) and never finished one so I've never shown any of my projects to anyone before.

I'd like to point out (to satisfy my own ego really) that I'm capable of producing much better sprites, but for this project was just about getting to grips with PAlib as I only had a few months to invest in learning.

*** It says "press any key to begin", but only pressing A starts the game.  Excuse the laziness. ***

Press A to flap, left and right to walk, to fly left or right you need to hold either directional button whilst flapping.

Kill enemies by bopping them on the head.

Mogs act as continue points.

Once you've hit the end of a level keep going til you're off the screen to finish it and start the next one.

You can pause with the Start button.

Pressing B skips you to the next level.

Source and Download: http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=6426.0

joustjo9.png

Try it you wont regret it. Especially when you played the old joust game.
wink.gif

Thank you for this master piece, dstopian.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
Omg you'd got me at the word Joust! Me and my sister used to play the original when we were kids, it was hilarious in multiplayer. Hours of entertainment from 2 flying emus (or whatever they were). I am so trying this this afternoon
smile.gif

[Edit]: And a rather nice piece of homebrew it is; side scrolling and collecting coins works surprisingly well with the old concept. The backgrounds are pretty sweet. The screen gap threw me off a bit but that comes with the territory on the DS. Only minor quibble is that when you hit a wall the rebound seems a bit strong, it takes a while to recover but maybe that's intentional (wouldn't want it to be too easy now would we?). Nicely done
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    the best way to make something hack-proof is to destroy it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Sylver, wacko mass shooters don't have "opsec". Half of them announce what they're gonna do in advance. They publish manifestos.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna rob Walmart tomorrow no one say anything
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Get me something too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Discount food okay?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, All phones use GPS so that duh government can track.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, For sure.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Governments been downloading data from phone companies since early Nokia days when crimes are about doesn't matter if you need blood to unlock it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want cheap garbage snack foods, no vegetables please.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Grab me a pack of jerky, shit's expensive.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Saw 2 pounds for $15 they rob us but not a bad deal tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Beef is expensive, dried beef is mega expensive, makes sense.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got a buddy in Florida that claims he can get Tomahawk for $20 friends with a butcher or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dried fat beef is Maga :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make America Graze Again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make America Grease Again. Oh wait
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Says $65 but when I follow their link to Geekybuying it's $72 (on "sale").
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Geekbuying has ANBERNIC RG40XX H Retro Game Handheld Console + 64GB TF Card w/ 5000+ Games (Black, Gray, or Blue) for $69.99 - $5 w/ coupon code NNNRGH64 = $64.99. Shipping is free (additional shipping fees may apply for rural areas
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is 40xx android?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    No.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess moonlight was just ported to their os distro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The upside to using the same chipset on all your consoles, the same CFW works on all of them.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah first thing I'm doing is adding muos to the sp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    H7 chip must cost pennies now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: H7 chip must cost pennies now