CHMM in Emunand help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MichMaster, Feb 13, 2016.

1. MichMaster
    OP

MichMaster #Pray4Hykem

Dec 23, 2009
    Canada
    In the IOSU
    Recently I downgraded my O3DS and setup went fine, can use more than 1 theme on my emunand.

Problem now I have is with my N3DS, on emunand I'm able to use CHMM (on both HBL and CIA) to install a theme but everytime I try to set several ones the menu goes back to default with no themes. I don't know what's going on, 1 theme works but 2+ doesn't. Would appreciate if someone could help me out.

2. BurningDesire

BurningDesire Nepu Nepu Nepu

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I also have a problem. It says it failed to load the sound or something:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

3. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    Try this. Go into change theme on the home menu and then click shuffle set on the menu. If you get an error, exit and see if it says saving cache data, I believe. At this point, I think CHMM will allow multiple themes again. If this doesn't work, it may be that you need to clear the cache files from menuhax on emunand.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You're running it as CIA and need the dspfirm.cdc file which you dump yourself to fix this.

MichMaster likes this.
  4. Hector_of_Troy

Hector_of_Troy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2016
    Italy
    Are you using the latest version 2.5? Did you try deleting the config file in the themes folder?

MichMaster likes this.
  5. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Did you unlink your NANDS? Either way, I highly recommend using Howling Theme Tool instead of CHMM to create .cia packages of your themes. Mind you that you are likely to need BBM to install the custom theme .cia as FBI tends to not install theme cias that include custom themes.

MichMaster and Acro like this.
  6. dronesplitter

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    After putting some extra thought into it, I'll explain what I was trying to say better: it's likely the files left from menuhax that is preventing it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/
    the dev says
    "Q) CHMM2 doesn't install properly my theme and it says Menuhax Mode: ON when i'm not using it, what can i do?
    A)You must delete menuhax cache files from emuNand with menuhax_manager."

MichMaster likes this.
  7. BurningDesire

BurningDesire Nepu Nepu Nepu

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    How do I dump that?

8. MichMaster
    OP

MichMaster #Pray4Hykem

Dec 23, 2009
    Canada
    In the IOSU
    Well I just realized that it might be because I'm in 9.2 on emunand, maybe that's the reason. i will try to update and come back with the results

9. dronesplitter

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    You need this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsp-firmware-dumper.402108/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh, you are, then yeah, that's probably it. I think theme shuffle didn't happen until 9.3.

MichMaster and BurningDesire like this.
  10. MichMaster
    OP

MichMaster #Pray4Hykem

Dec 23, 2009
    Canada
    In the IOSU
    Yeap, I feel stupid lol, that was the issue, I appreciate the help guys!

dronesplitter likes this.