Hacking Chipping in Australia?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know of any stores in Australia, specifically Sydney that will chip my Wii? or if not than at least any online stores that sell premodded Wii's? i don't have the skills to chip it myself and definatly don't wanna risk it.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nice, i live in Bankstown. i've never heard of this place though, you know the address?

nvm found the address and it's pretty close by lol, how did i not notice this place. thanks for the help guys, if Consoletronics arent too good i just chekced out OzModChips and they seem pretty reasonable, i mean sure it's expensive but it'll save me heaps in the end anyways so i wouldn't mind getting it from there. Now the only question is what chip should i get? I'm thinking of Wiikey but i'm not sure if it's the best.

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never had anything installed by consoletronics but his installs look a lot better than mine though (especially his PS2s compared to mine
tongue.gif
).

wiikey.jpg

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can say that I had my wiikey installed in consoletronics and it is running perfectly.
Just warning you that the guy that works there is quite shady but his work is really well. You have to wait for 40 minutes for him to do the install so I would suggest going to the shops and just look at the games you will soon be able to play backups of. Also he like to be paid in cash so bring $85 with you.

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quantronics

They're excellent, been going to them for a few years now for my mod stuff, spare parts, repairs etc. They used to be out at Parra, but now they've moved into the CBD. Good guys, and their prices seem to be good. Check em out
happy.gif

Renkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can say that I had my wiikey installed in consoletronics and it is running perfectly.
Just warning you that the guy that works there is quite shady but his work is really well. You have to wait for 40 minutes for him to do the install so I would suggest going to the shops and just look at the games you will soon be able to play backups of. Also he like to be paid in cash so bring $85 with you.

$85 really? in NZ its only $70 and that includes a genuine wiikey + install. I would think it would be cheaper in Aus.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What if ninty decides to block the exploit, or render your wii useless in future firmware updates?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"What if ninty decides to block the exploit, or render your wii useless in future firmware updates?"

then i commit sucide. lol, nah in all honesty, it's a risk i'm willing to take. if i could afford to support the console buying original games allright, but i can;t, like if i wanted to go legit i'd be able to buy like 1 game every 3 months, 2 if i'm lucky, so chipping is pretty much the only way to take full advantage of my console.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"What if ninty decides to block the exploit, or render your wii useless in future firmware updates?"

then i commit sucide. lol, nah in all honesty, it's a risk i'm willing to take. if i could afford to support the console buying original games allright, but i can;t, like if i wanted to go legit i'd be able to buy like 1 game every 3 months, 2 if i'm lucky, so chipping is pretty much the only way to take full advantage of my console.

Lol this is where eBay would come in handy. I'm pretty sure I can buy a new game each week (I make about $130? each week from work) but I don't think I can finish em that quickly. That's why I haven't decided to chip my wii yet.

Cause most of the time after I do, I end up playing less games on them due to the fact that I would have too many games to go through. Happened to my PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1, GBA & DS.

Plus none of the current chips out in the market have 100% region free compatibility yet.

captaineos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I had my launch wii modded by the experts at OzModChips.
They were just SO fast it was incredible, and the communication was more than I would ever expect. I was happy with the price considering you can sell a few games and its covered the cost.

http://www.ozmodchips.com/

Seriously check them out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: