Chipping in Australia?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by misticknight, Sep 4, 2007.

Sep 4, 2007

Chipping in Australia? by misticknight at 10:32 PM (1,714 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    anyone know of any stores in Australia, specifically Sydney that will chip my Wii? or if not than at least any online stores that sell premodded Wii's? i don't have the skills to chip it myself and definatly don't wanna risk it.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    ozmodchips, though they are a bit expensive. Some people on GBAtemp can do it too (in Australia)

3. acky

Member acky GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Consoletronics in Bankstown do it. They have pre-modded Wiis too.

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    nice, i live in Bankstown. i've never heard of this place though, you know the address?

nvm found the address and it's pretty close by lol, how did i not notice this place. thanks for the help guys, if Consoletronics arent too good i just chekced out OzModChips and they seem pretty reasonable, i mean sure it's expensive but it'll save me heaps in the end anyways so i wouldn't mind getting it from there. Now the only question is what chip should i get? I'm thinking of Wiikey but i'm not sure if it's the best.

5. acky

Member acky GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've never had anything installed by consoletronics but his installs look a lot better than mine though (especially his PS2s compared to mine [​IMG]).

[​IMG]

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I can say that I had my wiikey installed in consoletronics and it is running perfectly.
    Just warning you that the guy that works there is quite shady but his work is really well. You have to wait for 40 minutes for him to do the install so I would suggest going to the shops and just look at the games you will soon be able to play backups of. Also he like to be paid in cash so bring $85 with you.

7. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    is that 85 with the chip or 85 for installation?

8. DarkMatt

Newcomer DarkMatt Advanced Member

Australia
    Quantronics

They're excellent, been going to them for a few years now for my mod stuff, spare parts, repairs etc. They used to be out at Parra, but now they've moved into the CBD. Good guys, and their prices seem to be good. Check em out [​IMG]

9. Micksxboxmods

Newcomer Micksxboxmods Newbie

Australia
    I do them too, possibly the cheapest in Oz for genuine WiiKey
    www.micksxboxmods.com
    Cost is $60 including genuine WiiKey on pre LAH1016XXX serial number, add $30 if higher serial number.

Regards
    Mick [​IMG]

10. Renkin

Newcomer Renkin Newbie

New Zealand
    $85 really? in NZ its only $70 and that includes a genuine wiikey + install. I would think it would be cheaper in Aus.

11. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    hmm 85 isnt too bad if the chip is included...

50 for the chip, 35 for installation... sounds reasonable [​IMG]

im so glad I got done a good deal [​IMG]

12. r1cky

Newcomer r1cky Advanced Member

Australia
    What if ninty decides to block the exploit, or render your wii useless in future firmware updates?

13. Micksxboxmods

Newcomer Micksxboxmods Newbie

Australia
    $85 is ripped off IMO!!!

14. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    "What if ninty decides to block the exploit, or render your wii useless in future firmware updates?"

then i commit sucide. lol, nah in all honesty, it's a risk i'm willing to take. if i could afford to support the console buying original games allright, but i can;t, like if i wanted to go legit i'd be able to buy like 1 game every 3 months, 2 if i'm lucky, so chipping is pretty much the only way to take full advantage of my console.

15. r1cky

Newcomer r1cky Advanced Member

Australia
    Lol this is where eBay would come in handy. I'm pretty sure I can buy a new game each week (I make about $130? each week from work) but I don't think I can finish em that quickly. That's why I haven't decided to chip my wii yet.

Cause most of the time after I do, I end up playing less games on them due to the fact that I would have too many games to go through. Happened to my PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS1, GBA & DS.

Plus none of the current chips out in the market have 100% region free compatibility yet.

16. captaineos

Newcomer captaineos Member

Australia
    Actually I had my launch wii modded by the experts at OzModChips.
    They were just SO fast it was incredible, and the communication was more than I would ever expect. I was happy with the price considering you can sell a few games and its covered the cost.

http://www.ozmodchips.com/

Seriously check them out