1. Randall_Adams

OP Randall_Adams Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oi m8s. I'm Randall Adams. I made an iso renamer for use with my modded wii, and so I joined here to release it to the public. Free software is how I was able to mod my wii, so I'd like to show my thanks by adding to the scene!

alexander1970 and OldBoi like this.
  2. Randall_Adams

OP Randall_Adams Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You know what's gay as fuck? The fact that I can't post the program in the wii section because I made a post in this stupid ass section. Fuck it. Who knows when I'm gonna bother coming back here. I don't like having my time wasted. I'll try to attach the file to this post.

The program is a windows program, made with visual studio. You can find info on how it works in the program by clicking the Program Info button. The program is called Wiinamer, what else would it be called? lol

Feel free to move this post, retitle it, or whatever if I never come back to post this in the wii section.

Edit: Ok, ok. Kudos for at least letting me post the file.

Oh yeah! It's for renaming GameCube isos for Nintendont, not for renaming wii isos.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Randall_Adams, Mar 2, 2021
  3. OldBoi

OldBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, glad you had some kind of fkn fun. Enjoy your stay. :)

Randall_Adams and alexander1970 like this.
  4. Randall_Adams

OP Randall_Adams Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Haha thanks! I've enjoyed my visits in the past, so I think I'll enjoy my stay.

I was planning on getting feedback so I could figure out what other people need changed about it so it can be applicable to their file names. It's a very rudimentary program. There's a part that changes iso names to "game.iso" which should be utilizable by anyone. However the part that renames and moves "disc2.iso"s might need some tweaking to be useful to the widest range of people.

And I don't know how messed up the UI will be on other display settings, as visual studio is abysmal when it comes to that. I made it on a 4k tv and had to make it adjust its size after it starts up to show everything on my screen, so I'm anticipating needing to make some tweaks for other resolutions. I didn't wanna put time into testing the limited number of display settings I could test and risk wasting my time doing that if nobody shows any interest in the program.

Last edited by Randall_Adams, Mar 2, 2021
  5. Little_Anonymous_Hacker

Little_Anonymous_Hacker GBAtemp's Openly ABDL 1337 HAX0R

United States
    Welcome to GBAtemp!

6. Spandaman

Spandaman Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Welcome :) Be carefully who you feed:whip: lol

7. Gep_Etto

Gep_Etto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Welcome aboard! It's especially nice that you come bearing gifts!

May I ask why a GC iso renamer, though? What does it do that something like, say, Bulk Rename Utility doesn't? Just curious.

alexander1970 and Randall_Adams like this.
  8. Randall_Adams

OP Randall_Adams Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you guys for the welcome!

Indeed you may!

"Be simple." Barring folder navigation clicks, this program can do the "game.iso" rename action in 2 clicks, and a further 2 clicks will do the "disc2.iso" renaming. And it deletes the empty 2nd disc folder, which maybe Bulk Rename Utility can't do? I didn't bother with the program because I wanted simple & easy.

But also there's the time savings for future users. It's quicker to use my program than it is to put in the parameters needed to make Bulk Rename Utility do this job, even if someone has told you exactly what to do in Bulk Rename Utility.

It's not about being able to do more, it's about doing what you actually want to do quicker (and easier). (Provided this does what you want it to lol.)

And for those who care, this is a single file, so there is no chance of residual files staying on your computer once you delete it. (No registry changes or anything.)

"Don't feed the trolls." Nor feed Mogwai after midnight! :lol::lol:

Last edited by Randall_Adams, Mar 5, 2021
    alexander1970 likes this.
  9. Gep_Etto

Gep_Etto Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Oh, a completely different philosophy from BRU! That's nice!

10. DanboyAdvance

DanboyAdvance Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is awesome. Thanks

11. Randall_Adams

OP Randall_Adams Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No problemo my guy!

alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted