Hacking Check Update on Wii Isos?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to know if there was a program I can use to see if a Wii ISO has a specific update. (ex. contains update 3.3U) I just wanted to know since I am on 3.2U and I do not want to update by accident.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wiizle Diizle Shiizle does that (it also changes the ISO region), there is also another app that does the same, forgot its name and what it did, lol...

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sess said:
Wiizle Diizle Shiizle does that (it also changes the ISO region), there is also another app that does the same, forgot its name and what it did, lol...
I know that it shows theres an update, but it doesn't show me if the actual update is made to update my firmware to a later version. Thats what I really want to know.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
you can open isos using trucha, open partition 1, second folder and its under sys i think, you will see all the ios in the update, scroll to the bottom, i opened one today and have never seen one above ios36

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinman said:
you can open isos using trucha, open partition 1, second folder and its under sys i think, you will see all the ios in the update, scroll to the bottom, i opened one today and have never seen one above ios36
Sorry for the noobish question, but how can I tell from the IOS if there is a firmware update higher than 3.2U?

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
if you scrol down you will see files starting with ios, the ones i seen go up to ios36 which is 3.2, ios37 is 3.3 (i have not seen on any game, even on the one i opened today which was wii music). if you are worried about updates, i would serious recommend installing the twilight hack, then custom ios36 and then the downgrader. the latter lets you jump back and forth to different updates as required. i used it to bring my brothers wii back to 3.2

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinman said:
if you scrol down you will see files starting with ios, the ones i seen go up to ios36 which is 3.2, ios37 is 3.3 (i have not seen on any game, even on the one i opened today which was wii music). if you are worried about updates, i would serious recommend installing the twilight hack, then custom ios36 and then the downgrader. the latter lets you jump back and forth to different updates as required. i used it to bring my brothers wii back to 3.2
Thanks for the info Chin.
smile.gif
I think I'm going to worry about using a cIOS when I have no choice but to update. Thanks man.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off