Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I tend to open a lot of threads with "I'm sorry to beat a dead horse..."

Sorry.

I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly. I've spent the past few nights scouring tons of webpages, reading about the WiiKey, which I am anxiously awaiting to arrive (probably like tons of others right now).

I've downloaded all the set up discs I've found, boot discs, etc. As far as installation of the device, no problem. I just want to run through step by step what I think I'm supposed to do in order to get it running backups. I have an NTSC-U System from the day it was released. I have since updated the firmware on the wii to 3.1U (Super Mario Galaxy patch?).
Right after physical installation, Run the WiiKey update 1.9g, then adjust the drive speed settings and go?

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
first run the firmware update disk, then let it reset or what not. then pop in the latest configuration disk to set it to the perimeters you need. make sure region over ride is on, and as for drive speed, i have never needed to adjust it but try it see if it changes any thing if u want. it is just that simple. make sure you are using good dvds and burn speeds.

Alerek

OP
Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Superb. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was worried I would have to use a boot disc or something, guess I just got confused after reading so many articles.

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to open a lot of threads with "I'm sorry to beat a dead horse..."

Sorry.

I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly. I've spent the past few nights scouring tons of webpages, reading about the WiiKey, which I am anxiously awaiting to arrive (probably like tons of others right now).

I've downloaded all the set up discs I've found, boot discs, etc. As far as installation of the device, no problem. I just want to run through step by step what I think I'm supposed to do in order to get it running backups. I have an NTSC-U System from the day it was released. I have since updated the firmware on the wii to 3.1U (Super Mario Galaxy patch?).
Right after physical installation, Run the WiiKey update 1.9g, then adjust the drive speed settings and go?
hey can check your pms please, got a question for ya

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: