Cheating

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by leeoliam, Apr 5, 2010.

1. leeoliam
    OP

leeoliam Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2010
    hey all

ive had my dstt for about a year now and i have recently got a Rom for pokemon heart gold
    now ive played it for a bit completed it and now im wanting to use some cheats.
    So ive dled the latest "Usercheat.dat" file and ive put it on my SD but when i turned on my ds there was no cheats for the game.
    Then i dled a program called "Cheat Code Editor" i used to use this program when i was cheating a year ago.And now since our computer got wiped i had to Dl a newer version . Anyways when i open the USERCHEAT.DAT file on the program it crashes and goes unreponsive, is this a common problem??? Ive just updated the kernel on the dstt, but i doubt it would do anything since my problem is computer based.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? maybe i could get a link for a older version of cheat code editor? or maybe there is another way to add cheats to the USERCHEAT file (manually).

Cheers
    leeoliam

2. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
  3. leeoliam
    OP

leeoliam Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2010
    Thanks for that
    but i have ran into another problem :@

i've manually input my codes but when i boot my ds and go into the cheat selection area the codes and titles aren't there. I named the game folder "Pokemon HeartGold English By GoldndSilver7 Clean" which is the exact name of the rom i might try renaming it. To something easier and see if it works.

thanks again
    leeoliam

Edit: ive fixed it [​IMG]D
    thanks all

4. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    even though you had fixed it
    will just mention here if anyone come accross the same problem
    you need to enable the cheats on your menu [​IMG]

5. gary2010

gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    United States
    england
    download r4cce then import ur cheat.dat file in to the r4cce program then u can click enable cheats on the name of the game

6. vampire hunter

vampire hunter Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2009
    why all cheats for NDS on check it still not update ??? [​IMG]