Hacking Cheatcw pops for final fantasy IX CD 3-4

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone have experience editing cheat db for cheatcw?
I edited _S SLUS_01295 for CD 2 by copying the EXACT format and code from SLUS-01251
this ended up in showing cheats for the other disc of FF IX 9
But if I do the same for _S SLUS_01296 _S SLUS_01297
It ends up in no cheats....
Or if someone has working cheatpops for ALL ff ix woudl be great too

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you post here the codes from cwc database of at least 2 of ff ix discs? Just to see if format was correct
(post only the ID, title and ONLY ONE code or become too long for a post)

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you post here the codes from cwc database of at least 2 of ff ix discs? Just to see if format was correct
(post only the ID, title and ONLY ONE code or become too long for a post)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8k3gaommy85eo0r/cheatpopsx.db
This link contains FF IX 9 CD1 and CD2 which work. but as soon as I add cd 3 and 4 they won't show. (just search notepad Final fantasy)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rlqxsif4x4avba2/cheatpopsCOMPLETEFFIX.db
Is the codes pasted in a new database and they all show. (plus I added new cheats even I found on the internet, so the list I copy to each cd is somewhat different)

Now the best thing would be if I could get the complete FF IX text/code working in the 2.56MB cheatposx.db
So I wouldnt have to rename files etc. and just use one for all games.

One thing that now just pops in my mind could it be that there are too many codes in cheatpopsx.db and thats the reason it won't show CD 3 and 4? but then again why would it show for cd 1 and 2.. if it would phase out cheats, you'd think it do it for codes at the end of the .db/txt file.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8k3gaommy85eo0r/cheatpopsx.db
This link contains FF IX 9 CD1 and CD2 which work. but as soon as I add cd 3 and 4 they won't show. (just search notepad Final fantasy)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rlqxsif4x4avba2/cheatpopsCOMPLETEFFIX.db
Is the codes pasted in a new database and they all show. (plus I added new cheats even I found on the internet, so the list I copy to each cd is somewhat different)

Now the best thing would be if I could get the complete FF IX text/code working in the 2.56MB cheatposx.db
So I wouldnt have to rename files etc. and just use one for all games.

One thing that now just pops in my mind could it be that there are too many codes in cheatpopsx.db and thats the reason it won't show CD 3 and 4? but then again why would it show for cd 1 and 2.. if it would phase out cheats, you'd think it do it for codes at the end of the .db/txt file.
Maybe is not this the problem, but you have tried to give different names for each CD? I usually named in order (FF IX CD1, FF IX CD2 and so on).
And i never had problem with too many cheats in DB, but i used to do separate DB for giant cheat list such as FF.
Try to do cheatpops1.db (or any number you want) with only the 4 FF IX codes (you know you can load any DB on cwcheats, right?)

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe is not this the problem, but you have tried to give different names for each CD? I usually named in order (FF IX CD1, FF IX CD2 and so on).
And i never had problem with too many cheats in DB, but i used to do separate DB for giant cheat list such as FF.
Try to do cheatpops1.db (or any number you want) with only the 4 FF IX codes (you know you can load any DB on cwcheats, right?)
No i haven't since disc 1 and disc 2 both have the same name and work.. i assumed this is just visually having no overlap functionally.
But the game codes "SLUSXXXX" are function etc..
But I could try enter a different name and see. i guess.
How do you load mutiple cheat db's?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just have numeric order database (cheatpops1.db, cheatpops2.db and so on) in same folder of original one, then after you load up cwcheat menu, just choose "Reload Database", select the number of which database you want with left and right dpad buttons and press X.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later