Cheap App Help Needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TudorBlue, Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009

Cheap App Help Needed by TudorBlue at 12:11 AM (689 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TudorBlue
    OP

Member TudorBlue GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I have a soft modded wii. I have been trying to get the cheat app to work. I have installed both gecko and ocarina on my sd card. I have used code manager to input codes and transfer them to my sd card. Everything is in place, but I am having trouble getting the codes to work. I have double checked the region codes against the region game and everything is all in order. When I launch gecko or ocarine, I get an error. It says that it could not find any sd codes or words to that effect. Even if I go through the backup loader (gamma), I get the same thing. Please please, can someone tell me where I am going wrong!! Thanks in advance guys [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. manueld64

Newcomer manueld64 Advanced Member

United States
    do you use homebrew browser?

I used it to download cheat downloader and wiicm. Use cheatdownloader to download the text of the cheats, it will save them to a folder called textcodes, then use wiicm to manage the cheats and it will let you select the cheats you want and then create the .gct file for the game in a codes folder. These will be created on the root of your sd card.

Load up wiigator. Hold the 1 on the wiimote and the config screen will come up. Go to config and choose vi default and ocarina on and it will loads the cheats. enjoy.

3. TudorBlue
    OP

United Kingdom

I'll download the wiicm and the cheat downloader. I'll set the wifi up on my wii and download them tomorrow. Whats wiigator??? I havent seen that in my homebrew channel. Also where can I download cheat downloader from??? Ive got wiicm on my pc, I have just downloaded it. Do i need to download it straight onto my wii and install it??? Im a bit of a noob where the wii is concerned but I really appreicate your help. Can you advise me any further on what to do next?? Thanks in advance

4. TudorBlue
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have found it in my wad manager. I have pressed the + button to install it but I cannot find anywhere in my hbc. Where will it be?????