Hardware Charging problem.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is pretty weird. I normally go to bed around 12 or so and plug my 3DS in then. Then I wake up at 9 normally, sometimes earlier like today. Anyhow, up until like 2 days ago, it would finish charging no problem. Now the orange charging light never goes out. It seems fully charged but the damn light never turns as long as its in the cradle plugged in. I have tried the cradle and just plugging it in with two different cords and two different outlets. What do?

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same thing has been happening to me, but I only sleep between 5 and 6 hours.

My original suspicion is that it started happening after the system update. Does that seem to fit with your timeline?

I turn the system power off while I charge, but that may or may not make a difference.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm glad I'm not alone. Yeah it started after the update for me too. Guess we'll have to wait for it to be fixed.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 3ds' (mine and my wife's) and I have seen this with one of them... but it's not consistent. Sometimes the light will stay on after a full night's worth of charging, other times it will turn off normally. I don't see it having a bad effect for me, so I'm really not worried about it myself.

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, after the latest update the orange light never go out unless I turn the 3ds on. Is very weird
frown.gif

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert and don't claim to be the most reliable source but I DO read many forums on many sites and have heard this problem before a few times.

The observation of those it has happened to said that they wrote Nintendo or that it was listed in the trouble shooting on Big N site... that it is an anomolie with the 3ds being turned on while charging in the cradle.. supossedly, the unit forgets where it left off and does not always reset itself. Unfortuneately i didn't pay that much attention to what they did to resolve it. You might want to check Nintendos TroubleShooting thingy on thier site support etc...

Hope this helps somewhat...

Later
SyFyTy

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never turn on or leave on the 3DS while charging, but I still have this problem. I'm 100% sure it's caused by the latest update, but I don't know whether this is a big enough problem such that Nintendo has to fix it.

Walrus-Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem stopped for me after I removed the battery, waited a little (like 10 seconds or so), put it back in and hooked it up to charge again.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walrus-Chan said:
The problem stopped for me after I removed the battery, waited a little (like 10 seconds or so), put it back in and hooked it up to charge again.
Now you might have another problem. Before the update, it was confirmed that removing the battery, or allowing your 3DS to completely die, will result in a streetpass problem. You will no longer be able to streetpass anyone that you've previously met, as your systems simply won't communicate. I found this out when my co-worker installed a Nyko battery, and after recieving streetpass hits every day up to that point, we no longer recieved them. It took us a while to find answers online as to why this was happening. He ended up formatting his system, and losing all his data, just so we could continue to streetpass each other.

Since you've updated, perhaps you can test this out if you know someone else that you streetpassed before the update, and before you removed your battery. I'm curious if the recent update fixed this problem.

(Oh, and I also have the problem where the orange light never goes out. I noticed it the morning after the update, and it happens every time now. Never happended before the update)

Walrus-Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I heard about the problem but I decided to remove the battery anyway since I never actually streetpassed anyone with my 3DS yet XD

gautam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it is because of the update. As long as the bottom of the 3DS isn't warm after fully charged then that means its not over charging. I don't know if Nintendo will fix it with the next update however. They have not really said anything about the subject.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walrus-Chan said:
Hey that actually worked!!! thank you for the advice
yaynds.gif

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Walrus-Chan said:
Hey that actually worked!!! thank you for the advice
yaynds.gif

i would not advise anyone to remove the battery unless its to replace it for a new one. those screws can be stripped easily and should not be removed unless you have new ones to put back in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I am trying to hack Fire Emblem Warriors on my 2DS XL, I have been trying to get it to work, but...