Channel forwarder for wii u?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Edizius, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Edizius
    OP

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    Hi all,

Again a most propably stupid question, as I am not soo much in the topic and don't think that nobody has thought already about this, but would it be possible to install any free app from original ninty store (e.g. weather forcast to have the icon on the home menu) and forward the request for the internet service after starting the app (in this case to get the weather information) to a Homebrew-starting-server (like from wiiubrew, or a local web server)? Or has this link to be started via the internet browser directly?

My purose is to have a possibility to start homebrew / loadiine or what ever directly from the short start menu wich apears on the controller after switching on the wii u. So in this case i could click the weather icon to start homebrew browser directly. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Edizius

2. Kresma

Kresma Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    I assume to get an app to launch anything, you'd have to have access to more of the Wii U than we have now, So as much of a good idea as it sounds, I don't think it's possible as of now.

memomo likes this.
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can have a "one click link" to HBL through the internet icon. So when you click the internet icon you go straight to loadiine or HBL. I know it's not changing a channel but it has the exact same effect.

4. Edizius
    OP

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    Yes and no. It has not exactly the same effect as I want to use the internet explorer as well. It would be the same if i can have a possibillity to start different bookmarks via the browser. Is maybe an other browser like opera available on eshop? (I do not have eshop to check as i am currently blocking all updates to stay at 5.3.2).

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Here is my setup. First have the start page open. Make sure your homebrew link is bookmarked. Make a second tab with google or something. Make sure curtains are open (To load exploit with wiimote). Exit internet browser without opening exploit. Reboot console. Open internet browser and the side bar of the start page has your homebrew link. Click it to enter homebrew or go to second tab to use internet.

6. Edizius
    OP

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    Yes, i have a bookmark to start hbl via 1 click inside the browser, however it is 1 click (or actially 2 clicks as i have to open bookmarks and then click the hbl) more than necessary. So it is not really a problem, i only thaught about a way to boot into hbl directly.