Hacking channel for neek2o

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@obcd,

Thanks for the help. But, it's still having problem.
The problem is in the real nand. I don't have a SD there and it doesn't start neek2o. What can be wrong?
I might need to use shortz1994 mentioned ShowMiiWad to analyze....
Any idea?

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@obcd,

Thanks for the help. But, it's still having problem.
The problem is in the real nand. I don't have a SD there and it doesn't start neek2o. What can be wrong?
I might need to use shortz1994 mentioned ShowMiiWad to analyze....
Any idea?
post a sys check, we could help more. i do have my sd card in at all times an neek2o doesn't fail to load at all. i also made a homebrew app channel.( looks like all the others when you enter homebrew.) showmii wads will not read real nand unless it's a dump of the real nand. http://www.mediafire.com/?d8yyh8cjvxbog6u
just unzip this an add to the apps folder of homebrew.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To launch neek2o with this wad you need a sd-card with the kernel.bin in the /sneek folder. neek2o wont boot without

You don't need the armboot.bin in the /bootmii folder anymore

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, mini doesn't have usb support (yet). It can only launch the kernel from sd.

For now the only way to launch neek2o without sd-card is by replacing the 0000000e.app with the kernel.bin in an ios:
- Download IOS from nus
- Replace the 0000000e.app file with kernel.bin renamed to 0000000e.app
- Change the slot # to a number (for example somewhere in 200) so that it doesn't replace any excisting IOS
- Repack IOS as a wad
- Install IOS wad on nand
- Write a simple app that just reloads to your IOS

When you did al of this.. just run the app and it will boot into neek2o.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can copy kernel.bin into memory and then change the mini-mod to boot it from there. no need for sd card.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
oh ic, the first method we spoke about :D

g'luck with adding usb support to nswitch! I don't like the above method that much due to having to update the IOS with each kernel update, so nswitch with usb support would be awesome. But still, at least there's a working method in the meantime :D

edit: I posted this before I saw pune's post

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all!
Well, I thought it's my settting problem. It looks like everything is expected. Guess we'll wait for the one more channel for neek2o for no SD needed. :P

Edit:
@obcd: After I rename/delete bootmii folder in SD, with SD in, my Wii boot directly into Real nand. However, this time I cannot boot neek2o any more. Can this be a hint of anything?

Sorry sorry :yaywii: ! It seems I messed up myself. Everything seems fine now!

@shortz1994
post a sys check, we......
How? sorry please educate me using what apps?

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry not trying to offense or demand too much.
I don't expect anyone to teach me programming and explain a lot to me. Just try to be a bit more and see if I can do a little. Dare not to say help.
Simply point out a location and file is good enough. I'll try .... if time is available for me.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't like the method we tried out first with the kernel.bin embedded in the ios, as it doesn't boot the system menu if priiloader is installed on it.
Embedding kernel.bin in it would make it impossible to distribute the application as it contains ninty copyrighted material.
A good solution for which I did some research already would be to add usb support in mini. Launching uneek2o would be launching kernel.bin from the usb drive, and
launching sneek2o would be launching the kernel.bin from the sd card. No copyright problems and an easy way to update kernel.bin when the need arrives.
It would also avoid the confusion of what kernel.bin needs to be placed where.

In the meanwhile, you need to keep your sd card in the system to launch neek2o...

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Embedding kernel.bin in it would make it impossible to distribute the application as it contains ninty copyrighted material.
A good solution for which I did some research already would be to add usb support in mini. Launching uneek2o would be launching kernel.bin from the usb drive, and
launching sneek2o would be launching the kernel.bin from the sd card. No copyright problems and an easy way to update kernel.bin when the need arrives.
It would also avoid the confusion of what kernel.bin needs to be placed where.
What was wrong with giantpune's idea (load kernel.bin from USB into memory while still under IOS, then start mini to load it) ?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, nothing is, I misinterpreted.
I was under the impression he was going to embed kernel.bin in the launch application (the way mini is now to avoid loading issues..).
Indeed, loading it under ios and launching with mini afterwards would also be a perfect solution and probably easier to implement.

shortz1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all!
Well, I thought it's my settting problem. It looks like everything is expected. Guess we'll wait for the one more channel for neek2o for no SD needed. :P

Edit:
@obcd: After I rename/delete bootmii folder in SD, with SD in, my Wii boot directly into Real nand. However, this time I cannot boot neek2o any more. Can this be a hint of anything?

Sorry sorry :yaywii: ! It seems I messed up myself. Everything seems fine now!

@shortz1994
post a sys check, we......
How? sorry please educate me using what apps?
you can find system check in the homebrew browser. there are two of them. one is system check gx? i think, an the other in just system check. i use the regular system check. just download like a normal app, from browser. then run, it will check you wii's iso's an ciso.. along with other things. then it will save the data to your sd card. if needing to update any thing, you can drag an drop the system check into modmii. an modmii will show you what needs to be updated.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
A good solution for which I did some research already would be to add usb support in mini.
Good luck with that. There's a reason why nobody (even including Team Twiizers) even tried to add USB mass storage support into MINI. It's a crapload of work, and you'd be better off by loading the kernel.bin into memory from within IOS (for example, off a USB drive) and then boot a mini-mod that loads it from there.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I will indeed try that aproach first. The idea just didn't come up with me. Tueidj made the light bulb flash about that.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good luck with that. There's a reason why nobody (even including Team Twiizers) even tried to add USB mass storage support into MINI.
It probably wouldn't be that hard, really. The USB code already exists (the same code used in UNEEK), what is missing is a thread scheduler and interrupt handling in mini. Combine something like atomthreads with some low level ARM knowledge and you'd be on your way.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The research I had done was comparing the neek sdhc code with that of mini.
The next step would have been isolating the usb-fs usb code and seeing how much unresolved externals it gives me under mini.

But, I will now try ios usb loading and mini launching from memory first. My low level arm knowledge is a little rusty.

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shortz1994

Here is the csv log from syscheck. Thank to XFlak. Finally syscheck worked in Wii

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5662).

Region: NTSC-J
System Menu 4.1J (v448)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 46455122
Boot2 v2

Found 276 titles.
Found 45 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS5 (rev 514): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 4124): NAND Access
IOS46 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS50 (rev 4889): NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4633): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS55 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS56 (rev 5662): NAND Access
IOS57 (rev 5919): NAND Access
IOS58 (rev 6176): NAND Access
IOS60 (rev 6174): NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 6943): No Patches
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535

Report generated on 2011/11/16.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or maybe not