Changing video resolution?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by InuYasha, May 28, 2014.

1. InuYasha
    OP

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    I have a few videos that are 720x480 and i'm looking for a small program just to convert the videos to a more watchable size,perhaps 320x240 since those are the size I usually watch...

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Are you watching them on some sort of small device or something? 320x240 is pretty tiny...

If you are using some device, generally the video player will have an option to scale the video to the screen size or it should do it automatically, you shouldn't need to resize them yourself.

If you're on a PC, you can use something like Handbrake to resize the video to whatever resolution (though there will be some loss in video quality, generally)

3. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    For a second I was wondering why he'd want to watch it in 320x420 like in that picture of yours, but then I realised that he originally said 320x240 which would be a much more sensible resolution :p

But yea, Handbrake should be among the easier to use applications for resizing videos. It's worth noting that re-encoding videos takes quite a lot of time though, even on stronger computers.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Herp a derp, was watching a Snoop Dogg video while reading this guess he got a bit in my head :lol: Even still that's a pretty small resolution >.>