Changing Online Names on Series X/PSN

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall where I posted this, but you can change from uppercase to lowercase (same name) with the series x (xbox), but you cannot with psn. once a name is taken on psn, it's gone for good, even if you change it, which is extremely stupid. anyway, I deleted the cache to my series x, which seemed to delete my saved games as it's the only way to get the new name to work on 360 games. it did download the saves from cloud, so that's definitely a life saver. no saves were lost as a result. :D just kinda bummed that I can't have the same name on both systems due to the fact that I can change to all lowercase on the series x but not on the ps5. :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you need to pay after the initial time you changed your username, so probably $10 each time you want to change your name.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do. you can't change your name to lowercase if it's the same name. you have to change to a fake name first, then back, on both systems. this works without a problem on the xbox, but you can't do that with playstation. the name is automatically considered used, so you just blew $5. it's also $5 if you have psn+. it's $10 on the xbox though, even if you have gold or gamepass.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally turned off recurring payments for xbox gold+gamepass, but I turned it on again today, the last day of my subscription. it used Micorosoft Edge on the series x, so maybe there's an exploit waiting to happen via the web, but I don't care. not interested in hacking the series x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@