Changing menu browsing controls for Vita Retroarch?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by RRWcomicsboy, May 6, 2017.

1. RRWcomicsboy
    OP

RRWcomicsboy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    I've had trouble with my right analog stick constantly moving down ever since I swapped my 3.65 motherboard out for a 3.60 one. Even after I replaced it with another analog stick, it continues to move in the same direction no matter what I try.

I've noticed that I can't really operate the menus in Vita Retroarch, and I figured that it was because they are controlled via the right analog stick. Is there a cfg file or something that I can manually tweak to change how I control the menus? It would make this much easier to deal with while I figure my analog stick issue out.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I don't think the retroarch cfg file has separate menu controls listed anymore, IIRC they're hardcoded and the most you can change is the ok and cancel buttons...If you want to take a look at the .cfg file yourself, it's in ux0:/data/retroarch.

I'm not 100% sure, but I vaguely remember an input axis threshold option somewhere in the config, you might be able to edit that value so it doesn't detect the analog stick pulling down? But, as I said, I'm not 100% sure. It'd probably be better to ask in the dedicated Retroarch thread about that.

RRWcomicsboy likes this.